CFA CFA Level 1 help!!

help!!

• Author
      ::

Will I be able to clear level1 exam,dec 2014 if I am starting prep only now??

• Up

Depending on how much time you leave for taking mocks before the exam, you’ve got between 52 and 80 days to go to the exam (simple maths based on weeks to go +/- a few days either way for rounding). Think you can commit between 3hrs 45 and 5hrs 45mins in a day to hit the 300 to read all of the curriculum?
      It must be possible or CFAI wouldn’t let you register. The question is, would it fit your current schedule to do it?

• Up

@Zee Yay!! Thank you so much! :smiley: 

• Up

@Babeena

Hey! I can actually relate to what you’re going through because I went through something similar yesterday. I started studying a couple of weeks back and my progress hasn’t been as fast as I had expected. I started having a major panic attack. Thoughts like – Jess, you must be crazy. Why did you sign up for December? Why did you wanna hurry! You could’ve signed up for June and done things slowly.  You’re clearly not strong enough, smart enough, organized enough, dedicated enough etc etc to do this. (And this has not happened just yesterday. I get these thoughts time and again.)

Then, I got a little annoyed at my own negative thinking and told my thoughts to STFU. I went out for a run and came back more determined. I told myself that since I had signed up for the December 2014 exam anyway, what’s the harm in giving everything I’ve got towards studying for it? Also, another motivator for me is that I paid hell lot of money for this exam and prep materials. Too late for me to change my decision now!

Yes, it may seem impossible to find the time and energy, specially since you have to study for your college as well (for me, I have never-ending work) but you’ve paid the money and already signed up for it! So, you’ve just got to work hard and focus. There is no other option. For all you know, you might clear December 2014 with astonishing results (70%+ in all)!

Also, considering that time and energy are such important resources for us students, the next time you think about whether I will be able to clear or not, I have so much left to do etc tell your self – “I do not have time or energy for confusion or negativity. I have decided to give the December attempt and I am going to do everything I can to ensure that I pass. There is no June 2015 for CFA Level 1. There is only one attempt and that is this one – December 2014.” (It sort of pushes me against the wall so that I can get down and do it. I can be a little laid back and lazy sometimes, specially if I let myself believe that I could always give June 2015. That’s why I’ve added the last two lines. However, if that seems to put undue pressure on you, then you can probably not talk about June/December to yourself at all and just say the first couple of lines.) Telling myself these things just helps me divert from the stress, the negative thinking, the confusion, the “I-shouldn’t-have-impulsively-signed-up-for-December-2014” and helps me concentrate on the material that I am studying.

Whoa! I seemed to have written an essay of sorts! I hope this helps! 

Jessica

• Up

@Babeena‌ Depends on how much time you will be able to dedicate for preparation. If you working full time, you may need to stretch yourself for preparations to crack Dec 2014. If you have free time for preps, then there shouldn’t be much of a problem

• Up

@Babeena‌
      You are most welcome and all of the contributors to this forum are a very knowledgeable and helpful group of guys and girls.

• Up

Yep,as of now I am a full time student. I am coming from a non finance background,yea guess will have to work real hard. Thanks all of you!!. I was just feeling a low in spirit.. Will keep coming back for inspiration

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

Excellent post @jessmat‌! Have a promote 🙂

• Up

It depends on whether you have time to study and complete the syllabus in time @Babeena‌ . Are you currently in a full time role?

Participant
          • Undecided
          Up

Work hard like crazy, I don’t see why not.

Viewing 9 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.