CFA CFA Level 1 Elan guides

Elan guides

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 2
        Up
        ::

Hi!

I am taking Level 1 in December. I have been using Schweser all this while. (The CFA books totally stress me out, even though I must do the EOC questions.) With so much to grasp, I honestly have not been able to retain much. Plus a lot of people have complained that FRA is not explained well in Schweser. I have read that the Elan 11th Hour Guide is really good. Any suggestions? Or should I just stick to Kaplan? 

• Up

@Ankita I would suggest to just use the videos that you feel like you need extra help on, e.g. FRA. I know that’s hard to justify buying the whole set, but if you feel like you really need help on certain sections it might be worth the investment. 

The 11th Hour guide is great for those last few weeks but assumes that you’re well versed in the material already. 

If you’re looking for a good review, then the 11th Hour Guide is the way to go. If you’re searching for further clarification on a given subject, I would go with the videos. 

• Up

Elan has pretty good reviews, so I don’t see why not. Good luck @Ankita‌!

• Up

For level II, Elan was absolutely a God-send when it came to FRA and Equity (I would imagine them to be equally as helpful for level I).

Participant
          • CFA Level 2
          Up

@DollarsToDonuts‌ – Isn’t it too late for the videos?

• Up

@Ankita‌ if you do go with elan, will you please let me know if the fra section is any better? for some reason, i am sceptical any provider has prepared good notes for that topic :disappointed: 
          as for your situation, if you have prepared notes, i would suggest returning to those frequently…they will help more than any other provider’s material…retention can only be reinforced through repetition, not through reading new material presented in new words…if no notes, that is a predicament, however, if your situation is not too bad, would still recommend going through kaplan itself and cfa for specific topics…going through material that is familiar to you always helps, rather than poring over new material, especially with little time remaining for the exam…but that’s just my opinion 🙂 

Participant
            • CFA Level 2
            Up

@Pranav – I just ordered the Elan 11th hour guide a second before reading your comment! I know its just 2 months and I want to be more focused in my revision –  I am sure I will have to refer back to Kaplan and CFA curriculum. I must admit Level 1 is easy but its driving me nuts. The pressure of clearing the exam is too much to handle. Technically I should not even be thinking about the results right now, but finding it extremely difficult to keep my calm. Anyways, I will keep you posted about the FRA section.

• Up

@Ankita‌ great, thanks, appreciate it! good luck with your preparation, and don’t worry yet…you’ll do enough of that in the last few weeks before the exam…for now, just focus and prepare :smiley: 

• Up

I would highly recommend Elan’s videos, especially the ones hosted by Peter Olinto. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.