CFA CFA Level 2 Final Month Slog

Final Month Slog

• Author
      Participant
        • Undecided
        Up
        ::

So I just wrapped up the CFA curriculum today and I averaged about 67% in the Kaplan Schweser subject wise Self Tests over the passed 3-4 months. I’ve been planning on a study plan for this last month so that I can cover one good revision and a few Practice Papers. I’ve only had one thorough reading of the whole portion so far.

So here’s the plan:
        My Kaplan Curriculum notes have about 1550 pages so I’ve decided to revise about 100 pages everyday which should get done in about 15 or 16 days. Starting from tomorrow (8th May) leading up until 22nd May which is 15 days.

From 23rd onwards I’m planning on doing practice papers and corrections. I’m going to be following a sort of 3 day split (sort of like a workout routine) where I will answer 2 sessions of practice papers with corrections on two days and on the third day I’ll go back to the notes to study the mistakes I made and cover any rough patches.

For example 23rd – Morning Session. 24th – Afternoon Session. 25th – Corrective Studying. Then repeat this cycle again on the 26th. With this I should complete 4 full practice papers by the 3rd of June.

Please rate my plan and do provide any suggestions especially on whether I should weight more time to revision or practice papers or do any other tweaks which can improve my overall performance on the exam. Thanks

Participant
          • Undecided
          Up

So just got done with my revision of the whole portion with just a day’s delay. Overall I’m satisfied with my revision. I went slow with heavy weight topics like FRA and Equity and went a little faster with lower weight topics like A.I. and Derivatives. Hopefully that doesn’t pull me down too low.

Anyways I’m going to attempt my first KS practice exam tomorrow so hopefully that goes well. The first one is always the benchmark.

Participant
            • Undecided
            Up

I have 6 and not really interested in answering more. I answered 5 for Level 1 and that got me through quite well.

Keymaster
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

I think the plan is a solid one. You have a few more weeks to improve your scores, and your workout routine is similar to what I did for Levels 1 and 2!

Participant
                • CFA Level 2
                Up

How many actual practice exams do you have available?

Participant
                  • Undecided
                  Up

Thanks Zee. It means a lot coming from someone like you. Just hope I don’t get burnt out over the next few days.

Participant
                    • Undecided
                    Up

Scored 70.83% in my first practice exam (untimed). Not too bad for my first try but hoping to improve.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.