CFA CFA General Are we all over-achievers?

Are we all over-achievers?

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

A friend mentioned something the other day that stuck in my head – that the cfa is the place where overachievers go to finally meet their match. Which then makes me wonder if the 40% pass rate or so is of all overachievers?

I did well in school but to be honest i’m seriously doubting the ability of me passing all in the first try. In school, if you got below 70%, you got a lousier grade. here you pretty much could fail.

Are we all overachievers here? how well did you do in school etc?

• Up

I did only okay – got better in university. let’s just say i wouldn’t say i’m overachieving at the moment.

• Up

Yeah I just don’t think they’re as hardcore. They get so much time off to study, and spread their stuff over so many years. I have many friends taking accountancy exams and judging by their complaining I don’t think they have it as crazy as we do.

Participant
          • Undecided
          Up

I did pretty well in school. But not sure what that means.

• Up

I think we are just a very committed group. Most (non-CFA writers) are just flabbergast at the idea of self-studying for 6 months to write a 6 hours exam. They just think it is too intense.

• Up

I’d say we’re more of a driven bunch though.

• Up

Or nerdy. 🙂

Participant
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

LOL, isn’t other professional qualifications like ACA or FIA (for the actuaries) equally nuts?

Participant
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

LOL, isn’t other professional qualifications like ACA or FIA (for the actuaries) equally nuts?

Pansies!

Participant
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

This set of exams make all other exams look like pansies.

• Up

@TacheMan Got great grades both in school and university, but not very nerdy, I only studied what was necessary and paid attention in class. I’m liking the CFA a lot because I can go at my own pace, and because I am learning many things that were loose at my University.

Viewing 10 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.