• Author
      Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
      • Avatar of itsalwayslupusitsalwayslupus
        Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up
          ::

If I take your numbers to be right, then Schweser is averaging about $50 per exam, so is Wiley. I’ve tried BPP last year and they’re not bad – certainly fine for $40. Don’t know about Fitch and whether it’s worth $70…

Since you’re already doing a Schweser live mock, maybe Wiley and/or BPP might be a good choice.

• Up

It seems there’s no thread to discuss this article on the main site:
          https://300hours.com/cfa-practice-questions-guide/#.Vyo0Rj-kyEI

I plan to take a few mock exams, including the official CFA Institute Mock, and I’ve signed up to take a live Schweser Mock through my local CFA Society.

That in mind, I’m considering which providers to purchase additional mock exams from.

Thanks to the article, I see that the Schweser mocks are felt to be good for calculation-based questions. They are, however, quite expensive at $149 per set of 3 exams.

Wiley charge $95 per set of 2, Fitch charge £50 per exam (approx. $70) and BPP charge £30 (approx. $40) per exam so there’s a wide variation in cost.

Are they all ultimately good?

• Up

I went ahead and bought the Wiley Efficient Learning mock exams for level I.
          They sent me a password to log in to Vitalsource Bookshelf and download the books.
          Unfortunately as this is the same software that CFA Institute uses for the curriculum ebooks, I already have an account, so I’m out $90 and can’t access the exams!
          (I’ve written to both companies’ support addresses now anyway so something will get fixed eventually).
          What an oversight by Wiley!

Participant
            • Undecided
            Up
            jasdev said:
            I went ahead and bought the Wiley Efficient Learning mock exams for level I.
            They sent me a password to log in to Vitalsource Bookshelf and download the books.
            Unfortunately as this is the same software that CFA Institute uses for the curriculum ebooks, I already have an account, so I’m out $90 and can’t access the exams!
            (I’ve written to both companies’ support addresses now anyway so something will get fixed eventually).
            What an oversight by Wiley!

What? If you have an account you can’t ‘add’ the Wiley purchases to your account?

Participant
              • Undecided
              Up

On a separate note I never know why media channels like Vitalsource exists. It was fine in the 90s, but looking at the tech we have now you’d think that CFA learning from electronic media would be more of a bug-free experience.

Viewing 5 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.