CFA CFA Level 3 2016 CFA Level 3 Exam

2016 CFA Level 3 Exam

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

How does everyone (think) they went on the exam?

Personally I found the AM a tad easier than I expected.  A few questions that I probably gave less than stellar answers to, but overall I think I did ok.  The PM session was a massive surprise… 

Participant
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

Haha. Nice work guys.  

@Arbitrageur – I found the PM a surprise in that it was way, way easier than I expected.  Had to force myself to slow down and still had it done in 2’10.  Got up had a drink of water and a wander around then reviewed the exam again.  Then a third time.  Made one change to an answer (there was a trick that I hadn’t caught the first time).

Like @Stuj79, I did find that the first 12Q had a few that could go either way, but other than that there was literally only 1 question that I didn’t know (and I looked that up afterwards and couldn’t find it in the curriculum).  Of the 60 questions, I was 100% certain on 33, and pretty confident on, 21 that I was pretty confident on, and only 6 questions that I am not sure of (i.e., two answers seemed equally likely).  Looking around *cough* other places it seems that quite a few people found the PM very difficult, which makes me wonder if the 3rd party prep providers might not have covered it all (I’ve only ever used CFAI’s materials).

For the AM I too got caught out on Q1.  I actually answered it then noticed I had missed some of the fine print so had to re-do it.  Finished Q1 around 7 min behind schedule.  Caught up and ended up completing the exam, with around 5 minutes to go back and “clean up” a few answers.

I’m actually looking forward to getting results back.  I have guesstimated between 119 and 128 points in the AM, 46-51 points in the PM.  

• Up

Hardest ethics ive taken

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

Just a reminder not to discuss any questions on the actual exam – thanks! 🙂

Participant
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

All over it, @Zee 😉

Participant
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

I found the AM somewhat trickier than expected to be honest – a couple of twists that were different from the exams I had seen from previous years. Question 1 for example…I’m not mentioning anything specific here so I’m sure this is fine.

I found the PM to be pretty easy – thought the first 12 questions (not sure if I’m even allowed to mention the topic) were pretty tricky – a few questions from the first 12 I was 50/50 on – other than that I though the PM was pretty easy.

So if I fail, it’s wholly down to the AM I’d imagine. Just depends on how harsh they want to be with the marking.

Keymaster
                  • CFA Charterholder
                  Up
                  Prosper0 said:
                  Yeah, I feel ok. Not perfect, obviously one can never be sure about AM. I breezed through PM in 2hrs.

By the way, it’s way more active at *cough cough* this other forum about CFA if you want to discuss the exams and everything related… (sorry admins of 300 and many thanks for your blogging!).

Hope the exam goes well for you!

Well, we’re waaay younger than the other forum, but we’re growing fast! 😉

Participant
                    • CFA Level 2
                    Up

Yeah, I feel ok. Not perfect, obviously one can never be sure about AM. I breezed through PM in 2hrs.

By the way, it’s way more active at *cough cough* this other forum about CFA if you want to discuss the exams and everything related… (sorry admins of 300 and many thanks for your blogging!).

• Avatar of ArbitrageurArbitrageur
                    Participant
                      • CFA Level 3
                      Up

Similar feelings to most people here except maybe @mitch895. AM was a challenge to get through in time, and had a few curveballs, but did not seem unfair. PM I finished an hour early and found mostly straightforward.

P.S. I made sure to drink enough immediately afterwards that I could not recall any specific questions anymore! Seemed like the most ethical thing to do. 😉

Viewing 8 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.