CFA CFA General I am about to enroll in Level I CFA, I am not sure if it is too late for the June 2017 exam?

I am about to enroll in Level I CFA, I am not sure if it is too late for the June 2017 exam?

• Author
      Participant
        • Undecided
        Up
        ::

I am deciding whether to enroll in the June or Dec exams, I am wanting some advice to whether it is achievable to do this in June or not.

Participant
          • CFA Level 2
          Up

No, it’s not late. According to the Study plan for June 2017 CFA Level 1, you are late by 1 month. You need to make some efforts to catch it up. 

Participant
            • CFA Level 2
            Up

Agreed @christine. Anyhow there should be enough time to practice mocks before the exams commence. Only reading and re-reading won’t help. Practicing doubles the chance of getting through an exam. So, start early and practice more.

• Up

Agree with @rsparks. It’s better to try for June if you can make it, as you’ll get December as a fallback if June doesn’t work out. But to make June work you need to make sure you can dedicate time to really finish the curriculum and get practice exams done. Usually (well-prepared) candidates start their preparations at the start of January, so you’ll need to start right now and do some catching up.

Participant
              • CFA Level 2
              Up

G’day mate! I’m in Melbs. Feel free to private message me.

If you’re dedicated then go for it, but you need to be able to finish 3k pages by end of april. Then focus on problems and exams the last month. take two weeks off before the exam. You have about 13 weeks. it will be tough but you have to be committed. I always did 6 hours during the week. 4 hours on Sat. 4 hours on Sun. based on that, you would have to read 16 pages an hour which can be done. Sometimes i was doing 30 pages an hour. however, depends on your experience as well. If you are coming from an art history major or have never taken a finance class (which may be common in Aus in how they set-up their bachelor degrees), then it could be tough.

RS

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.