Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Member of the Month (?)

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Don’t Let the CFA Exams Make You Lose Perspective

AdminAdmin Posts: 10 Sr Associate
edited February 6 in 300 Hours

imageDon’t Let the CFA Exams Make You Lose Perspective

By Marc Coward Back in May 2013, I wrote  this post for 300 Hours entitled “CFA = Children and Family Abandoned.”   At the time, I had two young children (I now have three) and I was bemoaning...

Read the full story here

Comments

• jasdevjasdev LondonPosts: 23 Associate
    Beautiful post, very touching. I thank you for reminding us it's important to keep a little perspective.
    ZeeMarc
  • MarcAlex01MarcAlex01 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 3 Associate
    A beautiful, raw & honest look at your experience, Marc. Thank you for sharing the reality of your life these past few years! Really sorry to read that you are now separated and seeing a lot less of your children; I feel for you.
    I read your 'CFA = Children & Family Abandoned' post a few months back and it really did make me think. I very much relate to your story - my life is in a similar stage with 2 young children (with our second starting school just this past week!).
    I haven't yet begun CFA studies, though am seriously contemplating this course. Would require switching out of a Masters in Applied Finance, so we'll see.
    Best wishes for 2017 - keep your chin up, don't beat yourself up!
    Marc in Melbourne Australia
    ZeeMarc