CFA CFA Level 1 CFA Exam in June 2014

CFA Exam in June 2014

• Author
      ::

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and new to CFA as well. I want to take the exam and as of now not started anything for that. Just started doing basic search on net about the details. I have been working with finance industry for 3 years as a software developer and do not have any prior knowledge as I am from science background. After working in this industry for sometime I wand to pursue here and thus decided to take this exam.

As I am new, I have decided to give myself sometime for preparation and take the exam in June 2014. But as I understand I can register for that in January 2014 and will get the study material only after that. can you please suggest how can I start preparing before I get the material so I get some base?

Thanks,
      Me

• Up

Hi @mebhatia – we have a few here in the forum who are from software background too, just like you. One springs to mind is our friend @vincentt, maybe he can share his experience later once he has time (suspect he’s busy right now with the results!)

I think reading the articles in our blog would be a great start. You’ll learn lots of insider tips on how to efficiently tackle the CFA exams and the best practices. You can also filter them by Levels.

Another good resource is this forum itself of course, there’s Level 1 related discussions as well as general tips. Our community blogger @sarah and @Marc are candidates themselves and they write extremely relevant and useful articles about their CFA experiences so far.

I think it’s OK if you prepare later in the year say Nov/December – I feel anything longer than 6 months study can be too draining and not significantly more effective. I’m sure others have suggestions!

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

@mebhatia it should be live later today.

Participant
          • Undecided
          Up

@mebhatia you can sign up for June 2014 starting tomorrow and you’ll get the material soon after. No need to wait till January 2014.

• Up

Don’t forget the Investopedia guide.
          investopedia.com/exam-guide/cfa-level-1/ethics-standards/default.asp
          It’s not bad + it’s free

• Up

Hi mebhatia,

I have a similar profile as yours although with lesser work-experience. I’ll be taking the CFA in June 2014 as well. Haven’t started studying yet. I’m based in London. Let me know if you are from these parts and maybe we could catch up sometime.

Regards,
          Anuj

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

@mebhatia +1 to @sophie and @hairyfairy’s answers…

• Up

hey @hairyfairy, its good to know that I can register now and get the material. I checked on the CFA website and couldn’t find link to register for June 2014. 🙁

• Up

ok, I will check. Thanks @Zee

• Up

Thanks @huwabara for the link. its really useful.

• Up

Hey @AnujKundarap.. good to know that you are also planning to take exam in June’14. I have also not started studying yet. I am from India.. we can connect online only..

Viewing 10 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.