CFA CFA Level 1 Is Jan’14 too late for June’14 exam?

Is Jan’14 too late for June’14 exam?

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 1
        Up
        ::

Hello,

I am working in investment bank in London in IT. I am planning to prepare for CFA L1 exam.

* Is it too late to start for June 2014 ?
        * Due to limited time, should I or could I rely on Schewser’s resources as a main material ?
        * Any suggestion for someone from IT background, starting preparation little late.

I know that I wont be eligible for CFA badge even if I manage to pass it. Infact considernig my age (mid 30’s) I am not inclined pursue such a change in my career.
        The primary motivation for me is to improve my understanding of business that will allow me to move easily in different roles. And to become attain subject matter expertise that will assist me in my consulting role.

Thanks

Participant
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

Absolutely not. Most people (including myself) start after the New Year 🙂

• Up

Infact considernig my age (mid 30’s) I am not inclined pursue such a change in my career.
          The primary motivation for me is to improve my understanding of business that will allow me to move easily in different roles

I am in the same boat. And I have just started studying for CFA for these reasons – and hopefully combine it with my technology marketing background to move into different roles. All the best!

• Avatar of shreeneewasshreeneewas
          Participant
            • CFA Level 1
            Up

Absolutely not. Most people (including myself) start after the New Year 🙂

Thanks mate!!!

• Up

I’m starting this weekend sir. Level 1

You’re not alone, sir.

• Up

Our CFA Analysis Report shows that most candidates start in Jan (as per chart below). Having said that passing candidates tend to start earlier (one week on average) so get going as soon as possible!

You can get more details from our CFA Analysis Report (http://go.300hours.com/analysisreport) 🙂

• Up

Not at all @shreeneewas – start now! Use the study plan as a guide to construct your own (update the items according to your own schedule).

You can use Schweser’s notes (or any third party provider’s) as main material. A lot of members in the community do that too (including me).

In terms of advice, I’d say just register now and start studying!

• Up

@Sophie: i think the vibe here is so relaxed that I do not feel the need to go nuts that I am starting my studies so late 😀

@christine
            : thanks a lot for the graph. it reaaaaaalllllllly helped 🙂

• Up

@shreeneewas i actually meant that it motivates me into studying in a more relaxed manner. When I was studying for ACCA i was in a really bad state of mind studying in a total frenzy. It’s different when you can interact with people and they basically understand what you are going through. And yes my very very best wishes go out to everyone! may this year be LEGENDARY for everyone 🙂

• Up

I was freaking out thinking I am the only one who is going to start her studies so late. Glad to know I am not alone 🙂

Participant
              • CFA Level 1
              Up

Thanks, that is very comforting.

I will start with study plan spreadsheet to evaluate how much I have work for next 5 months (which is huge !!! )

Thanks again for reply.

Participant
                • CFA Level 1
                Up

@Sophie: i think the vibe here is so relaxed that I do not feel the need to go nuts that I am starting my studies so late 😀

yes and thats a pitfall we need to avoid. Good luck to everyone (including myself)

Participant
                  • CFA Level 1
                  Up

Thanks a ton to everyone for comments especially to @Sophie and @christine for motivating. This means so much to me and quite a few others who contributed here.

• Up

No problemo @shreeneewas, that’s what we’re here for. Happy studying!

Viewing 13 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.