CFA CFA Level 2 Level 2 vs. Level 1

Level 2 vs. Level 1

• Author
      ::

I am starting to dive in to level 2 under the assumption/hope that I passed level 1. The material is much more foreign than it was in level one. For level 1, I had seen 90% of the material at some point in my undergraduate coursework, though maybe not to the level of detail in the CFA curriculum.

So far it looks like that percentage is closer to 50% for level 2, so my question is, for those that have passed 2, how much more difficult did you find level 2 compared to level 1? How much more time did you have to invest? Maybe you are not required to put in more than level 1 as you are just building on the level 1 knowledge base, but I am finding the amount of content that I will be self teaching myself over the next 5 months to be quite overwhelming.

• Up

@tkadylak L2 is much harder than L1 in my opinion – and I think my opinion is a common one.

The amount of material is more and also much more detail oriented / quantitative.

I’d advise definitely putting more time than Level 1.

• Up

Level II is a beast. You’ll definitely need to put in more hours, but even more important than that, you really have to strive to make each hour count. The nature of the questions, which are vignette style, requires you to have a more in-depth understanding of the material and demands more focus when attempting the problems since they’re all interconnected.

My biggest piece of advice is to devote 100% focus when you’re studying and take care of your body (don’t burn out, eat/sleep well, etc.).

• Up

Here’s a visual guide:

• Up

Level 3 actually looks easy after two @fabian

• Up

hahah it perfectly sums up my thoughts @fabian! Nice one

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.