CFA CFA Level 2 Study plan for level 2

Study plan for level 2

• Author
      ::

Hello, I changed and updated some stuff in the original study plan for level 2 – June, along with some corrections and a bonus mock exams results sheet I used for level 1.

It is setup to start studying today (as I will) but that can be changed. I calculated the hours to study per topic based on 6 minutes per page at first, which is a little higher than what I got on level 1. I then increased to 9 minutes per page because I had more time left and adjusted it a little depending on the topic. The study days per topic is calculated with those hours and has a +1 just to be safe.

Here’s the study plan if anyone feels like using it. http://goo.gl/bp5OhA

Good luck!

PD: @Sophie @Zee I think there’s an error in the study planner published.. there’s a wrong comment on the cell that has the date for Practice exams and revisions (c12). That date should be the day before the exam as it is a deadline, it shouldn’t be 1 month before the exam (there are some formulas/cells that depend on that wrong logic too). I also think the days remaining should be counted till the exam date, not 1 month before, because we use those days in the datailed part of the spreadsheet, in the Practice exams and revisions line.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_yoktpsuDcCS3dIWW9vMVlKRjJuMkY3M192Sl9aMDg1N1RB/edit?usp=sharing

• Up

Anyone doing the Fix Income these days or covered, Just got bogged down by it like a fly 😛

Participant
        • Undecided
        Up

Thanks @dan!

• Up

Yes you’re right @Dan! Thanks for pointing that out 😀

Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

Ah, I was just checking your reference to cell C12 @Dan, I read it as (with the comment in that cell) as start date for practice papers, only to see the heading above called ‘deadline’ and understood the confusion. But that cell doesn’t affect any other calculations I don’t think.

• Up

Hello @Dan! Thanks for updating your own awesome study plan and sharing it with us.

On your note, I understand your comment on days remaining. I wanted the calculation to show how much time you have remaining to study the material (excl. practice papers in the last month), but I do get your point on that in the second sheet that practice paper time is captured in the total. I would prefer to keep it conservative that way as candidates need to make sure that they have sufficient time to cover all materials before the last month, and the practice papers are not counted as ‘study hours’ per se.

On the cell C12, OK I understand where the confusion is coming from. The comment on cell C12 has been moved to cell C13, as it’s to remind candidates that they should leave 30 days for practice papers/revision. The dummy numbers here so happen shows the candidate finishing revision 2 months before, hence the confusion. I agree that cell C12 should theoretically be the day before exams, I have clarified the cells with notes.

Hope this makes sense, thanks for pointing them out.

• Up

Ah, I was just checking your reference to cell C12 @Dan, I read it as (with the comment in that cell) as start date for practice papers, only to see the heading above called ‘deadline’ and understood the confusion. But that cell doesn’t affect any other calculations I don’t think.

@Maroon5
          @Sophie
          Hey, I think only one cell is affected: the one that displays a warning that it won’t be enough time if it’s less than 30 days before the exam date (b14). It should point to c11 instead (which would be the start date of practice and revitions)

Viewing 6 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.