CFA CFA Level 1 eco is killing me

eco is killing me

• Author
      ::

I am on my second round of reading materials. There is so much to remember in Eco and it is killing me. Does anybody have some materials shorter and easier to remember?
      thks

• Up

first round is the text books from CFA. Second round is Notes @tacheman

• Up

@cassieguo1987 my honest opinion is that may be too much reading. You may find that you’ll run out of time. If I were you, I’d ditch one or the other (probably the CFA text books since you’re finding it too much) and graduate to reviewing / practicing as soon as you can.

Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

What materials are you are using @cassieguo1987?

• Up

The Key Concepts at the end of each Schweser Study Session do a decent job hitting the major points of many LOS. Focusing on them might be a quick ‘n’ dirty solution to start getting a handle on the most important ideas. I’m sure you’ll need a deeper understanding for exam questions but it’s a starting point at least.

FWIW here is how I have approached the Econ material (using Schweser):

1. Take a pass through the material, reading and taking notes as necessary. Try to summarize each section briefly in your own words as best you can.

2. Once through all of econ, go back to the LOS list and type the answers to each LOS, in your own words, to the best of your ability. Check your short answers with the “Key Concepts” in Schweser Notes. Correct any incorrect statements and add to incomplete sections as needed.

3. Repeat as necessary till you’re more comfortable.

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.