Student Lounge What’s for Valentines day?

What’s for Valentines day?

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

Just a random thought and keen to hear what you all are up to aside from studying – this balancing act between studies, work and life is quite tough to crack.

I’ve got my boyfriend a present and plan to cook a simple 3 course dinner for him tomorrow night. He’s been very understanding with my CFA studies so far and knows that I will be busy the next few months so I gotta make it super special!

• Up

We don’t do Valentine’s Day. Haven’t in 17 years. No reason to change now. B-)

• Avatar of shreeneewasshreeneewas
        Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

My kid showed impeccable timing again…

I took day off on Friday and planned to go out for bowling with missus (while kids are in school for 4-5 hrs).

But my son called in sick early morning. So it’s all take away food for lunch.

That’s valentines day for us

Participant
            • Undecided
            Up

@CFAcharterwannabe it’s a holiday for you?!?!

• Up

@Reena: I do something really fun. I take the day off and sleep through it. Yep the whole day. I have done that for the last 4 years. It’s my ‘sleep the day away’ holiday :))

• Up

@policedog ‘sleep the day away’ holiday and ‘completely ignore the red and the hearts’ day. More a 2 in 1 holiday actually.

Keymaster
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

Dangerous topic! 😀

I’m not doing much to be honest. We don’t really ‘celebrate it’ much, and I like it that way. Remembering relationships through your own key dates is much nicer 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.