Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Will passing CFA really helps to get a foothold in finance for someone from customer service?

Hi guys,
I am very new to this blog and found it really interesting. I thought my question will certainly be answered here as I saw how people here are giving genuine thought to the queries and giving useful advice. I would be really thankful if I could get some input as to how I should go about heralding a wonderful career in finance.
Firstly I would like to tell you something about me and about my dilemma. I am a commerce graduate and have around 4 years of experience in back office jobs in BPOs. I have faced lots of obstacles in my life financially and also otherwise because of which I could not plan my career. And I am already 30 years old now. Will this act as a hindrance to start off a career in finance at this stage?
I have enrolled for CFA level 1 and will write my exam in Dec 2014. I am not very good with numbers but I love reading anything about finance. I don't know even if I pass exams (though a tough task) I will ever be able to get a good job in finance. Will my age and my non finance experience will still be a decisive factor in not being considered for good jobs. Pleaseeeeeeeee give your responses!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Answers