CFA CFA Level 3 Order of answering Questions

Order of answering Questions

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 3
        Up
        ::

@Sophie @vincentt @Alta12 @Marc @christine
        While we are answering sub questions under a question, should we answer in the same order? Suppose under question-1, we are given 5 blank pages and it has 1A,1B,1C, Should we answer them all in same order. Suppose if had got 1B wrong in describing the answer, can I just cross it and writte it after 1C or cross all 1A,1B,1C and write them allover again?

• Up

@vincentt I don’t have a copy of the 2013 PM mock. Did you download from last year?

Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up

@vincentt‌ i think in the papers they shared, they might have removed empty pages.

Participant
            • CFA Level 3
            Up

@RaviVooda‌ i downloaded 2011, 2012 and 2013 from the same page on CFAI.

Anyhow, I don’t think I would have time to actually go back to the questions I’ve done to rethink and to change the answers.

• Up

@ravivooda @vincentt I agree…to be on the safe side better write in order. But you can space them out in case you have time to go back and add more information.

Participant
              • CFA Level 3
              Up

@alta12, yes I think 3rd exam of Schweser is easiest of 3.

Participant
                • CFA Level 3
                Up

@vincentt‌ , @alta12 how are your scores coming in the schewer mocks? I am scoring between 60-70. Not even sure how close it is to reality. Derivatives is killing me real hard.

Participant
                  • CFA Level 3
                  Up

@RaviVooda‌ only did 2 schwesers pm, so far i think 65+ range but the am ones is a different story, not too sure if anyone could do well on that paper.

• Up

@ravivooda @vincentt I’ve done 3 Schweser. For PM ones ranging from 63 to 72. Was 3 the easier out of book 1? But I’m not that confident. It’s a lot of process of elimination. Still got a bit of time to patch things up? 🙁

Participant
                    • CFA Level 3
                    Up

@alta12, how do u find the second book. I think its getting tougher.

Participant
                      • CFA Level 3
                      Up

@vincentt‌ this idea looks good. So if there are 3 to be answered, better to write each one in each page.

Participant
                        • CFA Level 3
                        Up

@RaviVooda‌ that’s what I did, since I’ve printed it out anyway, prior to 2013, the format seems a little different, i’m not too sure where the candidate would write their answers (only did 2013 and briefly looked at 2012).

Participant
                          • CFA Level 3
                          Up

@RaviVooda‌ I would write it in the right order, judging from 2013 paper, CFAI seems to provide a lots of space, so it’s best to space each question out.

The issue I had with 2013 is that sometimes i overlooked the fact that for example question b has it’s own table to write your answer within and it’s 2-3 pages down and I ended up having the move my answer to the table provided.

Participant
                            • CFA Level 3
                            Up

@Alta12 @RaviVooda‌ Did one of you mention that the 2014 mocks were from somewhere?

I briefly looked at the PM paper (though both AM & PM mocks were actually PM paper) there are a few questions that were taken from 2013 mock, are you guys aware of that?

Participant
                              • CFA Level 3
                              Up

Yes i did. There are a quite a bit of similar ones to the ones in CFAI 2014 Mocks (the one in the email). I have not looked at the march am pm mock (not too sure how different are they).

Viewing 14 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.