Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Month's Leaders

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Why I Never Give Up in the Face Of Failure

edited June 2014 in 300 Hours

imageWhy I Never Give Up in the Face Of Failure

By Howard Schwartz,  Guest Contributor .  Let's talk about failure.  Many articles have been written about passing the CFA exams. However, since the pass rate is typically below 50%, one would...

Read the full story here

Comments

• LOL (hope LOL is appropriate). Band Four or Band 8, the feeling is similar. I was Band 8 on my LII first attempt last year, clearly failing Ethics and a couple other subjects even though I had >70 on all the subjects that mattered(FRA, Der, CFin, and Equity). The joint regret that if I had passed Ethics and maybe a couple correct answers in some other subjects, I would have passed overall.

I had bought me a bottle of red wine that day, either ways, to toast to celebrate, or to drink away my sorrow. But 12 months later (being last weekend) I was able prepared to even the scores out with CFAI. And yes, now we wait seventy years for the verdict!
    Sophie
  • I can totally understand how you feel because I might be in a worse situation in 4 or 5 months. I had sacrificed job searching for my CFA Level 1 and now for my Level 2 exam so that I can give it my best. My family is not doing well financially and the money lost would just be a start. That and waiting for a whole year with just a Bachelor's degree (which couldn't land me a good job) and a Level 1 pass tag, while working at a crappy job. Plus all the destroyed hopes of my family. The other day as I took some time out to review subjects that I had studied I realized I could only remember 25% of the portion (even that was vague) and that just shattered my spirit. The pressure on me is so high right now I can't imagine what it would be like to read those dreaded lines 'we regret to inform you ...'. In a way I try to think of those lines as a motivation to never give up. I really hope I pass the Level 2 exam mostly because I wouldn't know what to do if I fail.
    policedog