CFA CFA Level 2 How many questions did you do for Level 2?

How many questions did you do for Level 2?

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

The title is self explanatory and it is a question that may have been answered already. I don’t know how to search for it so I am asking it here from the more experienced. 

I am curious to whether if you read the curriculum completely and then did 5-7 Mock papers (plus the EOC questions) which would amount to 240*7 = 1680+ questions or did you do about 1000 questions from where ever you found them for each topic area of the CFA. For example, 1000 questions for economics, 1000 questions for corporate finance, 1000 questions for Equity and Etc after studying for each topic area including the EOC questions. 

Also for instance, economics is the least efficient topic area in CFA (exam question weight vs LOS weight) so I assume I can get away with doing less questions as a whole in economics compared to others. But that’s just a theory. It could be a theory based on a stupid hypothesis. 

Please answer as I am worried to … and thinks that I am not doing enough questions. I am also getting about 80% quite consistently for the question sets I answer but because of the incomparability of them to the actual exam, I am more worried if my 80% here is less than 70% at the exam. 
        I have another 200 hours odd left for studies before december so, if I here that most of you did the method 1 which, is to read the curriculum completely (plus doing the EOC questions) and them answer 1680+ questions, I am gonna be much more happier. 

Participant
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

Jwa said:

Level II, just Schweser and other third-party questions plus exam papers (maybe 5/6), same as my regime for LI.  The questions in the CFA material before LIII are often not representative of the exam, but they will give you a better understanding of the material…

Thanks for your answer. However, my question was more about the timing of the answering of questions. It was about whether to do questions apart from EOCs while reading or after reading the all of the material. 

• Up

Level II, just Schweser and other third-party questions plus exam papers (maybe 5/6), same as my regime for LI.  The questions in the CFA material before LIII are often not representative of the exam, but they will give you a better understanding of the material…

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.