CFA CFA General Which is your favorite currency?

Which is your favorite currency?

• Author
      ::

Mine is undoubtedly DOLLARs $$$ 😀

Dunno, just have some kind of fascination with this currency. I even got my Ipad2 cover with loads of dollars imprinted on it :p

• Up

I even got my Ipad2 cover with loads of dollars imprinted on it :p

That’s a bit too bling for me…

Not really have a look

• Up

@imdnextbuffet I like to shop. I just discovered beet sugar and I want to buy some. They enhance the flavour of herbal tea and it adds a dash of sweetness.

I also like trying new things, I swear I don’t spend all my money on clothes :p

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

@mattjuniper must take you ages to get your groceries then.

Participant
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

LOL – favourite in what sense @imdnextbuffet? Design, value, ubiquity or even stability? I like SGD and Swiss Francs because it’s so stable (in fact appreciated) in this crisis!

• Up

LOL – favourite in what sense @imdnextbuffet? Design, value, ubiquity or even stability? I like SGD and Swiss Francs because it’s so stable (in fact appreciated) in this crisis!

well @reena ever since I was kid I was told money is dollars so aim for it. $-) Though as and when I grew up I did realise how stupid I was at that time, still fascination for dollars still persists :p So you like those currencies just because of the economics?

• Up

@reena appreciated during the crisis? It’s more like everyone else depreciated :))

lol
          but Dollex seems to strengthen 😉

• Up

In this kind of economic climate, better to hark back to the old days: good old gold. :ar!

Aye pirate!!!

Participant
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

I even got my Ipad2 cover with loads of dollars imprinted on it :p

That’s a bit too bling for me…

• Up

Keymaster
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

@imdnextbuffet dude that is pretty bling, lol. That probably increases your chances of getting mugged when you go outside with that!

• Up

I like my own local Canadian dollar. Why? Because when I go shopping that is the currency they demand payment in.

• Up

I like my own local Canadian dollar. Why? Because when I go shopping that is the currency they demand payment in.

Point to be noted /:)

• Up

@imdnextbuffet I love my caffeine too but I also drink tea. I have a french press and a shelf full of different flavours of tea (I drink instant when I am lazy brew it fresh when I am in the mood).

I spend money on clothes but I get them from Japan/Korea/Taiwan/Hong Kong so my local currency isn’t really an issue. Most transactions are settled in USD anyways!

• Up

We got those new plastic-y bills being phased in that stick together and melt in the car.

That’s terrible. But you guys have these though, which is awesome beyond words.

@zee
              +1

• Up

@Zee we have maple syrup! I love maple syrup, these day I add it in my cornflakes. So yummy.

• Up

@diya no money on clothes :-O such girls do exist eh!!!!

And beet in tea errr……that’s so absurd to even hear for someone who swears by caffeine :d

Keymaster
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

@diya are USD and CAD interchangeable in Canadian retail?

• Up

Believe it or not @MattJuniper, long time ago when I still follow EPL, I was an Alan Shearer and David Ginola fan (+ Newcastle). But yea, Man U’s fan base around the world seems larger!

Ahhh, all the ladies liked Mr Ginola!

Keymaster
                  • CFA Charterholder
                  Up

In this kind of economic climate, better to hark back to the old days: good old gold. :ar!

• Up

@imdnextbuffet I love my caffeine too but I also drink tea. I have a french press and a shelf full of different flavours of tea (I drink instant when I am lazy brew it fresh when I am in the mood).

I spend money on clothes but I get them from Japan/Korea/Taiwan/Hong Kong so my local currency isn’t really an issue. Most transactions are settled in USD anyways!

Wow I shop in my currency only 😮 lucky me hehe :p sardonically! :-” “

Keymaster
                    • CFA Charterholder
                    Up

We got those new plastic-y bills being phased in that stick together and melt in the car.

That’s terrible. But you guys have these though, which is awesome beyond words.

• Up

Maple syrup with cornflakes sounds good! With milk as well, right?

• Up

Personally I like bartering, just like when you’re at school:

“Mate, I’ll swap you Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton for your Man United shiny and a couple of Pogs”

😀

Participant
                      • CFA Charterholder
                      Up

Believe it or not @MattJuniper, long time ago when I still follow EPL, I was an Alan Shearer and David Ginola fan (+ Newcastle). But yea, Man U’s fan base around the world seems larger!

• Up

@zee I wonder what I could trade my ‘king of the hill’ badge for…it’s a one-of-a-kind don’t you know 😉

Participant
                        • CFA Level 3
                        Up

@reena appreciated during the crisis? It’s more like everyone else depreciated :))

• Up

@imdnextbuffet dude that is pretty bling, lol. That probably increases your chances of getting mugged when you go outside with that!

Well to me it’s quite subtle and unique. M gf chose it for me and I had to take it so! :-??

• Up

@Zee no Canadian retail only likes Canadian money. We got those new plastic-y bills being phased in that stick together and melt in the car. Our local currency is causing us a whole host of problems.

Participant
                          • CFA Charterholder
                          Up

It’s the mid length hair of the 90s…. we’ve moved on since then 😉

Participant
                            • Undecided
                            Up

@mattjuniper goes for a lot around here! groceries not so much.

Wouldn’t your favorite currency always be your base currency? 😀

• Up

@jummyg yes milk too :))
                            It is my favourite midnight snack.

• Up

And I fully acknowledge that anyone growing up outside of the UK will have no idea what I’m banging on about. But you have glow in the dark dino-coins so you probably don’t care.

Viewing 33 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.