CFA CFA Level 2 Studying when travelling?

Studying when travelling?

• Author
      ::

I have an Android tablet that I tend to play with on my way to work, and lately I think the time could be better spent as I spend about an hour travelling back and forth each way. Is there anything good that I should download as an app to help me with L2?

Options I’m considering:
      Some form of Qbank app
      PDF notes
      Flash Cards

Was wondering if anybody studies while travelling, and if so what worked for you.

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

I also suggest keeping it low-tech – either a book, or PDF notes. I wouldn’t waste time with apps – I’m not sure if there are a lot of quality ones out there.

Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up

@tim i usually print out smaller and lighter copies of the book to read but usually it’s tough on a packed train. Or I get pdf notes onto my tablet as well (adobe pdf reader app)

Participant
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

Either use PDF notes, or flash cards. I haven’t been able to find quality apps for CFA studies that are really worth your time…

• Up

Either use PDF notes, or flash cards. I haven’t been able to find quality apps for CFA studies that are really worth your time…

Back in my days tablet didn’t exist yet. but I do find the time commuting to work a waste – and if you get a seat, its a perfect time to cram some CFA readings in… Do people use audio notes these days? Well, first, is there such thing??

• Up

I prefer pin drop silence with no distraction around me (no gadgets no mobilephones) if I really sit down to study.

• Up

I prefer pin drop silence with no distraction around me (no gadgets no mobilephones) if I really sit down to study.

Silence may not be an option if you need to study while on the commute though @imdnextbuffet

Thats why I never study on the go :>

Participant
              • Undecided
              Up

I do it. I just bring a book along – you don’t always have to go high-tech @tim!

Keymaster
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

Silence may not be an option if you need to study while on the commute though @imdnextbuffet

Viewing 8 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.