CFA CFA General CFA Comic: The 12 Steps to Answering A CFA Practice Question

CFA Comic: The 12 Steps to Answering A CFA Practice Question

• Author
      Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

imageCFA Comic: The 12 Steps to Answering A CFA Practice Question

By Mike If you’re taking the CFA exams soon, you must be pretty tired of studying by now. Although we mostly write articles here at 300 Hours, I thought I’d take a bit of a deviant path and do a…

Read the full story here

Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

Thanks @mikey

@fabian @digitalwizard I’m definitely not going to be photocopying the material, just going to pass along the original books. But thanks for the concern.

Participant
            • CFA Level 1
            Up

Hi Mike,

This question isn’t really related to the post, but I was wondering if you could help me answer this question.
            I am taking the Level 1 exam in about 2 weeks and have been using the Kaplan Schweser books to study. My friend is taking the Level 1 exam in June and asked to buy my books from me, but before I agree to sell it to him, I wanted to know if it would be better for me to keep the books for future reference when studying levels 2 and 3. Do you think I should keep them, or will the study material books for levels 2 and 3 be adequate.
            Thanks, sincerely appreciate it.

• Avatar of DigitalWizardDigitalWizard
            Participant
              • CFA Level 1
              Up
              Here is a practice question that shows that photocopying material to sell is against the standards. I don’t know about selling the ownership of the material. You may have to consult a KS and Tax attorney just to be sure you are good to go.

Rebecca Wong is enrolled to take the Level I CFA exam. Her friend William Leung purchased

Level I study materials from a well-known CFA review program the previous year. Leung made a
              photocopy of the previous year’s copyrighted materials and sold it to Wong to help her study. Who
              most likely violated the CFA Institute Code of Ethics or any Standards of Professional Conduct?
              A. Both violated.
              B. Only Leung violated.
              C. Neither violated.
              Answer – Both Violated
              Photocopying copyrighted material, regardless of the year of publication, is a violation of Standard
              I(A) because copyrighted materials are protected by law. Candidates and members must comply with
              all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and must not knowingly participate or assist in a violation
              of laws.
            • Up

hey @deep1106‌! I haven’t really used my previous levels books. If it were me I’d see no reason not to, except for the situation if you don’t pass Dec 2014 and possibly need your books back. 

• Up

@DigitalWizard‌ I don’t think @deep1106‌ is thinking of photocopying to sell, but simply selling them on.

Viewing 5 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.