CFA CFA Level 1 CFA mock exam

CFA mock exam

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 2
        Up
        ::

Has anyone done the CFA Dec 2014 Mock exam (from the CFA institute)? What I see online are 120 timed questions, but not in the same format the actual paper is!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

hi alll, i also did the CFA Mocks but cant go back in and see my scores and the solutions. How do I do this. When I click view assessment history it just shows me a popup box with my score. Thanks

Participant
            • CFA Level 2
            Up

Yep all questions are recycled. I too had done the practice tests, so knew the answers pretty much! I hope they recycle the same questions in the final exam too lol..

• Up

I finally got the mock exam to work a day or two after my post. In the end I had to reload the same exam and re-answer the questions, the numbering of which had changed in places; a few questions were entirely new! Luckily, I had no more problems with annoying pop-ups and I was able to see my report at the end. I just printed out the whole report to insure against future server shenanigans, did another mock exam, and printed out that report too. Then I girded up my loins and headed off to the real exam. Hope everyone else was able to solve their technical problems too.

Participant
              • Undecided
              Up

Hahaha even in the second mock exam? To think we’ve paid them so much, the least they could do was put together a couple of decent Mock Exams. I’ve read they use a lot of rejected or questions that never made it to the actual exam, in the mocks. I don’t even know why they recommended me to answer the topic based mocks first. If I’d known better I wouldn’t have answered them.

Participant
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

@haokaiyang – Oh dear! Yesterday I took the two March Mock tests (AM and PM) and those popups were the most annoying distracting thing in the world. Additionally, for the AM session, the exam with the graded answers and the explanations didn’t even show in the screen, which pretty much ruined my day! I took a 3-hour test, got a low score (aghrrr!) and don’t even know which ones I answered right or wrong. As for the loading, I had to wait like 30 minutes before the tests even loaded. I think I’ll end up getting additional third-party mock tests because the CFA Institute’s website seems to be having issues.

• Avatar of simply_complex2simply_complex2
                Participant
                  • CFA Level 1
                  Up

@haokaiyang, im also having trouble with some of the topic based practice assessments. first it takes 20 minutes to load one (and that’s if they load) and then when i go to submit it, the site says there’s a problem with the server/im not connected to the internet…which i was 

Participant
                    • CFA Level 1
                    Up

Hi All, I know it is a bit late however just stumbled upon this thread. I had the same issues however only this week found pdf versions of the Mock exams on CFA website.
                    click candidate resources- and you will see “practice tests and mock exams” (the link everyone is having issues with) however above that” your mock exams”. Click on your mock exams and you can download the same exams in pdf versions. I had the exact same issue where i Tried to do a complete 6 hour mock in one day and could not go back and find the answers to the morning after i had closed it.

Hope this helps. Good luck everyone!!

• Avatar of simply_complex2simply_complex2
                    Participant
                      • CFA Level 1
                      Up

@cfjay i don’t think you can go back to see which questions you got right/wrong and their solutions. i remember a screen saying “once i navigate away from this screen i can’t go back” or something along those lines. you can submit the exam without taking it to see the questions/solutions, since the questions are the same, but your previous answers won’t be there

• Up

Yes! The program they decided to use for their online mocks do more harm than good in my opinion. Questions and answers are randomized and not properly weighted. I even emailed them hoping they address it in then future.

Participant
                        • CFA Level 2
                        Up

hmm i’m just using the CFAI exam as a revision tool as opposed to an mock exam, kind of like the EOC questions sort. just to see which areas i’m still lacking before the final charge to victory or defeat (hopefully not the latter).

Participant
                          • Undecided
                          Up

who cares?! less than 24 hours to go. Just hope that there are no problems on the real thing now.

Participant
                            • CFA Level 2
                            Up

This is when I go to Candidate resources, and click on Mock Exams – AM session.

Participant
                              • CFA Charterholder
                              Up

What I noticed is that the Mock Exam is based on the topic-based questions you practiced. Last week, I had completed the topic-based questions up to Corporate Finance and the Mock Test only recycled those questions I had already practiced. Go back, practice all the questions that are topic-based and then try the Mock Test again. Let us know if that worked. As for the weight, I noticed that too, they are randomized and not properly weighted!

• Up

I tried my first mock exam yesterday and I kept getting pop-up messages saying my answers couldn’t be saved. When I finished the exam, it showed my score but wouldn’t let me access my report. Thinking it was due to server overload, I tried again this morning only to have the same problem. What good is a mock exam without solutions? I’m afraid I’m going to have to pay for an exam from Fitch or Kaplan.

Participant
                                • CFA Level 1
                                Up

I’ve had 7 sections open on different tabs as well as one of the practice exams for a whole two weeks now. Haha, I even emailed the ethics part to myself so I can review on the go. 

Best at of luck to everyone. 

Viewing 15 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.