See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.
To encourage members to be awesome to each other, there is a point system in the Community, whereby generally the more helpful and active a member is, the more points this member has.
Here are the basics to how earning points work out:
- Getting a Like or LOL on any of your comments from another member gets you 1 point. Writing helpful and insightful comments is therefore key to getting loads of points - your more awesome comments will continue earning points long after you've made them! Similarly a particular commenter has helped you out, send that member some love by Liking or LOLing the comment.
- Getting your post promoted is like a 'super like' from moderators - this gets you a bunch of points!
- Getting a new badge gets a large number of points. This varies from badge to badge.
In general, being active and helpful will go a long, long way in accumulating points. And a manic badge hunter
So what do points do? Several important things:
- Reputation. The overall number of points are a good indicator of a member's reputation and helpfulness in the Community.
- Ranks. When you first join the forum, you enter at an Associate rank. You will get promoted up the ranks the more points you earn.
- They also make you feel awesome.