Ranks are a fun little thing we've added to the 300 Hours Community as a very quick indicator of how awesome a particular member is. The higher the rank, the more active, helpful and insightful a member has been on this forum.
You can always see a commenter's rank in any of their comments or in their profile, right next to their name.
In the Community (and at @sarah
's encouragement), we like to envision ourselves as a small but high-performing fund manager. You first join the forum as an New Hire
. To get promoted, simply start earning points
and you'll soon be rising up the ranks!
The ranks of promotion are as follows:
- New Hire (new joiner): You're new to the firm, and are attending all the expensive training courses lined up. So far, so good.
- Associate (2 points): Done with training! You're getting to know the people, and so far everyone's lovely.
- Senior Associate (50 points): You're settling down. You know all the good coffee machines now.
- Jr Portfolio Manager (100 points): You've been given a fund to manage. How does it feel like to manage a huge pile of money?
- Portfolio Manager (250 points): It's getting harder to get promoted, yet you're still doing it. Watch out, finance world!
- Sr Portfolio Manager (500 points): You gain mysterious abilities...
- Jr Partner (1,000 points): You've joined the upper echelons of finance, reserved for the select few.
- ???: No one has earned this yet...
As you can see the ranks are unfinished, so we'll update this list as we progress!