CFA CFA Level 2 Rationing memory space: to learn or not to learn the Black-Scholes-Merton Model….

Rationing memory space: to learn or not to learn the Black-Scholes-Merton Model….

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

Hi all,

Given time and brain storage constraints (and a frankly tedious day trudging through Derivatives R47-52) I made the decision to exclude the BSM model from memory, as I feel there is a better payoff spending that time perfecting some equity or FRA material.

Anyway, my question to others is whether there are any other particular areas where you feel (or have perhaps learned through experience) are not worth the time, effort and valuable memory space?

Cheers….

Participant
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

Hey, a little (or even a moderate amount) of paranoia is a good thing  :smiley: 

And don’t get me wrong, I still worked through the BSM, but what I mean is that I’m not going to memorise the formula (at least not yet – I found with L1 that there were some formulas that stumped me on the first read, but when I Googled for a non-CFA explanation it made more sense).

If an entire item set comes up dedicated to BSM (and the formula isn’t provided)….well then I’ll be throwing some educated darts!

Participant
            • Undecided
            Up

Don’t mean to increase the paranoia, but what if a whole item-set comes up in something you chose not to look at?

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.