CFA CFA Level 2 Which topic did you find the most difficult in Level 2

Which topic did you find the most difficult in Level 2

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

Vote for your toughest Level 2 subject, and why…

Participant
          • Undecided
          Up

Is there any way I can view the result without voting?

• Avatar of WesMantoothWesMantooth
          Participant
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

This section took me the longest to read through. Most complex IMO.

Participant
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

I’m not sure, I haven’t voted yet either…still have economics, corp finance, derivatives and portfolio management to go through so can’t really comment as yet. I can’t see anyone’s results either….perhaps people could also write their choice as well as click on the vote option.

@wesmantooth….which option did you choose out of interest?

Participant
                • CFA Level 3
                Up

I voted Alternative Investments as it was the one topic on which I scored < 50% I think Derivatives is more complex, but I found it more fun to study and maybe that’s why I did better than on AI.

Participant
                  • CFA Charterholder
                  Up

AI only due to the sheer number of disparate topics in the curriculum. I probably hated studying econ the most though. 

• Avatar of cecilpaladin32cecilpaladin32
                  Participant
                    • CFA Level 2
                    Up

Surprised that Derivatives is currently leading this poll…I would’ve thought that FRA/Fixed Income would be in the lead, here. The number of formulas being tested in Derivatives is quite high, but to me, it seems one of the less “conceptually intensive” sections (and the EOC questions were mostly pretty straightforward). That being said, I wouldn’t mind if this was on the low end of the potential test weightings, and say, Corp. Fin was more heavily weighted o_O.

Participant
                      • CFA Charterholder
                      Up
                      Stuj79 said:
                      Illegally selling copyrighted material without the consent of the publishers? Not exactly adhering to CFA code of ethics now is it! 😉

Shady as f@#$! Also, posting in every thread = super annoying

• Up

I voted fixed income. I failed that and AI. Most likely cause I concentrated on other topics more. It’s easy to feel like you have a handle on the two I failed, until you sit for the exam. That’s how I felt anyway.

Participant
                        • CFA Charterholder
                        Up

Illegally selling copyrighted material without the consent of the publishers? Not exactly adhering to CFA code of ethics now is it! 😉

Participant
                          • CFA Charterholder
                          Up
                          Stuj79 said:

Shady as f@#$! Also, posting in every thread = super annoying

Agreed…irritating as hell! There are a couple of posters on this site that just spam every single post imaginable with the same message. Maybe it’s a cultural thing as there seems to be a common theme with the posters location (without saying too much). I wish they wouldn’t do it as people’s genuine questions get lost amongst it.

Participant
                            • CFA Charterholder
                            Up

@stuj79 I chose Derivatives as the hardest topic to learn.

Participant
                              • CFA Charterholder
                              Up

FRA followed by Economics… Maybe not on sheer difficulty, but the combination of relative boredom and heavy weighting of FRA just makes it painful to study.  Economics comes in a close second due to the sheer boredom factor… Some of the content is poorly written too – seems so much of the books seem to just be there to fill in space, then the stuff that is kind of “need to know” material is written in a way that I’m sure makes sense to the writer, but for the reader it’s hard to make heads or tails of it.  I found economics in level 1 to be written in a similarly un-engaging manner (and in the “real world” – away from the CFA books- I actually really like economics).

Participant
                                • CFA Charterholder
                                Up
                                Hi all,

We have following digital PDF’s/Soft copies for 2015 study materials available at very reasonable price:

1. 2015 CFA all levels (CFA Institute Coursepack, Arif Videos, IFT Notes, Schweser Notes , Wiley elan Study Notes, Various Qbanks & Practice papers)
                                2. 2015 FRM-I & II (GARP Coursepack, Schweser Notes, Bionic turtle notes, Qbanks)
                                3. 2015 ERP (GARP Coursepack, Vivera risk concept checkers, AIM Statements, Practice Papers)
                                4. 2015 CPA (Wiley Study Guides, Wiley Focus Notes)

For further details and samples please drop an email at digitalbookscenter@gmail.com

Do everyone a favour and just get off this forum, you absolute cretin!!!

Participant
                                  • CFA Charterholder
                                  Up

AI was also my worst scoring topic but I attribute that purely to the amount of time I put into it. I would agree AI is the hardest topic to score well on because there is a such a range of broad topics and it is tough to justify spending a lot of time learning them all in depth when they only ask a few specifics related to one area.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.