CFA CFA General Favorite study platform: paper, PDF, or online?

Favorite study platform: paper, PDF, or online?

• Author
      Participant
        • Undecided
        Up
        ::

As per the title – which way do you really prefer to prep for your CFA? I’ve always preferred paper and wondered why anyone else would prefer it any other way, so I’m curious to know what the results really are.

• Avatar of BittersweetBittersweet
        Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

Paper copies + when i hit the dead end i find schweser videos extremely helpful

• Avatar of PaulAdaptPrepPaulAdaptPrep
          Participant
            • Undecided
            Up

I really like this question. I would like to see this data cross-sectioned by age, but also add Video as an option.

I greatly prefer paper personally.

In our Actuarial exam prep business, students seem to equally prefer paper vs. electronic reading material. Older exam takers, however, clearly prefer paper. However, we’re seeing that current college-age students are choosing video-only (no text) at about the same rate as choosing text (there is no required text for those exams so they have options). This influenced how we designed our video lessons for CFA Level I. They are quick, to the point lessons that appeal to the video/visual learners, which is an growing portion.

• Avatar of WesMantoothWesMantooth
            Participant
              • CFA Charterholder
              Participant
                • CFA Charterholder
                Up

Definitely paper based stuff for me….can’t stand reading off a screen for hours, I get enough of that at work. The digital stuff is obviously great for when you’re on the move though, as it’s much easier to carry an iPad than it is to carry 6 massive books.

Also, when I can’t be bothered to do intense learning I sometimes watch some of the Elan or Schweser videos which feels like a break 

Participant
                  • Undecided
                  Up

I like all the exclamation points!

• Avatar of jasperjohnsjasperjohns
                  Participant
                    • CFA Level 1
                    Up

iPad, it is a lot lighter than 6 books! I can read on the train to work etc.

• Avatar of emmanuel.chemmanuel.ch
                    Participant
                      • Undecided
                      Up

PDFs for their mobility, but nothing beats pen and paper (when it’s convenient)

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.