CFA CFA Level 1 How and what is maybe an efficent way to learn with Schweser

How and what is maybe an efficent way to learn with Schweser

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 1
        Up
        ::

Hi everybody
        I plan to do the CFA Level 1 Exam in December 2015. Therefore I bought the Schweser Essential Package. Overall I have two big “problems”:
        – There are only 3 months left
        – My english is not the best

Because of my English skills, I need much longer to read than maybe most of you. But that stands in conflict with the remaining time.

So, I come to my question:

I’ve read in a post that someone needed almost two weeks just for a first orientation and to get an overview over the material. Because of my lack of time, I would like to ask if somebody (who already passed Level 1 or know the Schweser material well) can help me and give an advise, how i should start and with which method.

Thank you.

Cedric

Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

Hello my friend 
          I suggest you the Video Lectures for CFA level 1 or 2 from Kaplan. i do sell them for a cheaper price through ebay ! 120$ 
          if you are intersted just let me know 😉 

Participant
            • Undecided
            Up

Schweser is one of the best materials out there…. Firstly if possible get the Arif Irfanulla Lecture Videos, those are the best source of learning than Reading books. 

My advise, first watch the Videos based on Readings and do the practice questions from Schweser after end of each reading,

it took me nearly 2 Months to watch all the Videos and do the practice questions from Schweser . Later do few Full Mocks and if time permits then you can watch the Video again in Fast forward mode for a refresher.

Participant
              • CFA Level 1
              Up

Thank’s for your answer.

I checked the website of Arif and found free videos for the 2015 exam: https://irfanullah.co/cfa-1-free-2011-video-lectures/

What do you think? Are these clips enough or would you recommend the package for $220? The schweser package was really expensive and I am glad if I must not spend another amount of money for additional material. And on the other side, isn’t it a bit risky only “learn” with the videos and just test myself with the schweser practice questions? Does Arif cover all?

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.