Career Discussions Do you like your current job? (Anonymous vote!)

Do you like your current job? (Anonymous vote!)

• Author
      Participant
        • Undecided
        Up
        ::

End of year, thinking about applying elsewhere, and was thinking how popular is the thought ‘I really should switch jobs…’?

I know the poll options I’ve set are not necessarily applicable to your situation, but if everyone can answer the situation closest to you, that would be super!

Participant
          • Undecided
          Up

I’m taking some extended time off (and loving it!)

• Avatar of itsalwayslupusitsalwayslupus
          Participant
            • CFA Level 3
            Up
            RoyD said:
            I think once I may quit once I’ve learnt everything there is to be learnt here.

That’s a really good tip – keeps your brain sharp. If you stay in the same company/role for decades, things start to get too comfortable and if things go wrong you won’t be able to do anything else.

Participant
              • Undecided
              Up

I hate my job.

Participant
                • Undecided
                Up

Yes, it’s my first job and I’m mostly just doing it for the CFA qualified work experience. The job is quite operational and that’s where the problem lies. Working on excel sheets does quite drain the life out of you. I think once I may quit once I’ve learnt everything there is to be learnt here.

Keymaster
                  • CFA Charterholder
                  Up

What do you do @RoyD?

Participant
                    • CFA Level 2
                    Up

@RoyD, keep at it. A friend of mine was a credit analyst for a little over a year and he hated it too. He referred to his office as the “credit dungeon.” He recently landed a pretty nice gig working for somewhat of an asset management consulting firm.

I’m sure you’re learning a ton at your job, and are probably getting qualified work experience for the CFA, too. A better opportunity will be there for you.

• Up

My job is fine however since I am not learning anything I am bored and looking for my next challenge. 

Participant
                      • Undecided
                      Up

I am a Credit Analyst for a multinational bank. I was never really enthusiastic about Credit Ratings and took it just to get my foot into the finance door and the pay was decent in Indian terms (much lower than the US daily minimum wage). I’m really passionate about Equity and Fund Management though, which was what led me to choose CFA over others. Hopefully I find my next opportunity there.

Participant
                        • CFA Charterholder
                        Up

Im between 1 and 2.  Happy with my job but my ears are always open for opportunity.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.