Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Anyone out there in the Private Equity or Venture Capital Space?

Anyone out there in the Private Equity or Venture Capital Space? If so, I would love to speak with you!

Comments

• Hi, 'm here working with an advisory firm for PE/VC.
    SophieZee
  • @niravjoshi1988 great! I am glad finally responded. I was getting a bit worried :/

A few quick questions:
    - Where is your firm based?
    - In your opinion and from your experience, do you see it as a value for prospective associate-level candidates to have a CFA? What about strategy consulting experience?

I only ask as it is my hope to break into the space in the near future.
  • Tony, I also work in VC on the west coast (CA). The work load for VC/PE associates is more tailored to ex-IB analysts/associates and potentially mgmt. consultants (this is less prevalent) than CFA types; as such, less value is assigned to the charter than other industries. Without the above attributes, one potential strategy would be to develop expertise in one of the focus verticals for a given firm. Also, many firms are now trying add value to their portfolio companies above and beyond investment capital (example: GoogleVentures has its own design staff among other things) so anything that you can leverage on that front would be an added benefit.
    SophieZeetoeknee9121