CFA CFA Level 2 Level 2 CFA Study Plan has stalled … need y’alls help!

Level 2 CFA Study Plan has stalled … need y’alls help!

• Author
      Participant
        • Undecided
        Up
        ::

I recently finished reading all the Schweser Notes and did all the Schweser EOC. I have read that I should do the CFAi EOCs next or the mocks. 

After looking at the CFAi EOC I was getting frustrated by the fact that they are similar in format to the Schweser EOC (1 off questions with some Vignettes) and I wanted something that was more like the test (All Vignette with 6 questions).

This led me to think that I would skip the CFAi EOC and go straight to the Schweser Mocks. Much to my dismay the damn mocks are peppered with one off questions. I glanced at the CFAi mock that was provided and it is exactly what I was looking for. Only issue is that there is only 1 of them.

This led me to think that I might be thinking about my approach wrong. I am absolutely stumped on what I should do. It’s frustrating because I busted my butt to get ahead enough to have 2 months to study after reading but now I’m stuck. Help!

Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up

I am assuming you obviously do not have the actual mock exam volumes/books, other wise why would you be printing them, and you are probably using someone elses login. whatever works man but its something you will have to deal with if the price of the books is too high. I feel for you there buddy. 

Participant
            • CFA Level 2
            Up

Even i hated the repetitive pattern of the mocks and schweser EOC. either the questions are too easy or are of the same format. It is really frustrating. I needed a practice tool thats adaptive in nature which quickly assesses my knowledge gaps and then works hard behind the scenes to present me with the right practice questions to plug those knowledge gaps. Well someone recommended prepsmarter.com. Its amazing ! It has everything you want

Participant
              • Undecided
              Up

@googs1484 I doubled checked the print out that I have printed out and you’re right the 1st 6 questions are all Mike Zonding, CFA.  For some reason the vignette repeats itself for each question.  Strange and such a waste of paper, but at least you cleared this up for me.  Thank you!

Participant
                • CFA Level 3
                Up

I am confused as to what you mean by the Schweser mocks having “one off questions”. Schweser’s volumes 1 and 2 each have 3 FULL practice exams that mirror the lay out, format and difficulty of the real test. Perhaps you are referring to their Qbank, which is not in vignette format. I have already taken 2 of them so I am very confident you are either using the qbank or have not evenly looked at the Schweser mocks.

Participant
                  • Undecided
                  Up

Thank you for the reply!  I am definitely looking at the Schweser Mock test.  For instance I just opened the volume 1 Exam 1 afternoon mock and for questions 1-6 it is 6 separate questions (each having it’s own small paragraph), instead of the format being a vignette followed by 6 questions.  Does that make sense, or am I confused on the format of the test?

Participant
                    • CFA Level 3
                    Up

@emac3422 I do not see how you are looking at volume 1, exam 1, afternoon session? I have both volumes from Schweser for 2016 (most current). The first item set, questions 61-66 is Ethics and starts with information about Mike Zonding, CFA. It is followed with almost a FULL page and a half of item set information. Then there is 6 questions that you absolutely cannot answer without reading the item set. I have NO IDEA what you are reading but I PROMISE it is not Exam 1, volume 1, PM session.

Participant
                      • CFA Level 3
                      Up

FYI- not EVERY question on the exam will require information from the item set. You may very well get a question that says something along the lines of: When expected spot prices are higher than futures prices then the market is said to be in?” The answers, being normal backwardation, can be determined without even looking at the vignette however it is still related in some way to 411 in the vignette. Of course, this question is probably too easy to show up but its hypothetical.

Participant
                        • CFA Level 3
                        Up

OHHHHHH I know exactly what you are doing. Yes, if you decide to PRINT out the exam rather than taking it online, assuming you paid for the Schweser products and are accessing from your dashboard, then it for whatever reason reprints the item set for EACH question. HUGE waste of paper. They do the same thing when reviewing the exam online. Every question you go to for review/explanation puts the entire item set first. I do not get why they do it like this. Redundancy at its finest. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.