CFA CFA Level 1 Can I start now??

Can I start now??

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 2
        Up
        ::

I am a CFA Level 1 candidate, and I have absolutely no idea as to what possessed me to sign up for CFA with such a busy schedule. Ah, the damage has been done now, need some help for solid damage repair. So here’s what the next 40 days look like for me:

25th April – 1st May – Free. Completely.
        2nd May onward – New job. Weekdays – 9 am to 6pm ; Weekends about 10 am to 2pm. So on weekdays I could put in about 2 hours and on weekends about 5 hours.

My Background – I do have some background in finance, so these concepts are not completely alien to me!

What I have thought of :-
        Go through – Elan 11th Hour Guide in detail, solve all examples and questions from Schweser and EOC from the curriculum. Once this is done, start taking mock tests.

Will this be help? Any other suggestions on how to cover the entire syllabus in 30 days? (balance 10 days for review)

Reallllly need some help!!!

Participant
          • CFA Level 2
          Up

It would be impossible to cover the whole syllabus in such less time. Try finishing the topics that cover major part in the exam. Just do them properly and practice questions based on them.
          Prepsmarter is pretty amazing. It let you practice topic wise. which is a really unique thing I came across.

• Avatar of Anonymous2131Anonymous2131
          Participant
            • CFA Level 2
            Up

@JaneDuffy Thank you so much for the advice! Any review on Prepsmarter? Also, would it be possible to go through Schweser Material in such less time? What do you think? Do let me know! 🙂

Participant
              • CFA Level 2
              Up

Finishing with the syllabus in 30 days with no prior knowledge of finance seems impossible. Anyways, since you have registered for the exam it’s better to give it. Try doing the topics which cover the maximum amount of portion in the exam. You don’t have to do it all , just do 4-5 of them, but do them properly. Take topic based tests and then take 2-3 mocks. This is the only thing you can do right now.
              Refer to BT or Schweser notes as study material and Prepsmarter for practicing questions.

• Avatar of Anonymous2131Anonymous2131
              Participant
                • CFA Level 2
                Up

@Zee @Sophie @christine @Mike and for everyone else who can help!!!!

Keymaster
                  • CFA Charterholder
                  Up

Candidates have done it in the past, but it doesn’t mean that this is reliably possible for current candidates. Agree with @JaneDuffy that giving it a good go without putting too much pressure on yourself would be a good experience. At worst it would set yourself up for a good Dec retry – and if you pass that you still wouldn’t miss out on the June 2017 L2 cycle.

Your 11th Hour Guide plan sounds sensible – I’d also keep the full notes handy in case you do get stuck when reviewing/completing practice exams.

Good luck!

Participant
                    • CFA Level 2
                    Up

Just do what you can. Don’t stress yourself. Either you will clear it or you won’t. i would suggest you to target the next cycle.
                    All the best!

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.