CFA CFA Level 1 CFA Level 1 Mock Test and Updated Question Bank

CFA Level 1 Mock Test and Updated Question Bank

• Author
      ::

Hello Everyone.
      Greetings…
      Am new here, Preparing for June level 1.
      Would be glad and happy if any one can provide me updated Q bank and mock test material.

Thanks.

Regards,
      Vinod

• Up

@zee

maybe you could make a board/page where you list the free stuff that we can get + list the paid offers we can get thanks to 300H’s discounts?
      because so far the information is dispersed throughout the forum
      would be super practical!

Exactly my thoughts @lulu123 :), we will, I’m compiling them now!

• Up

Okie dokes, let me know if you have further questions then, those papers should be more affordable and still of good quality.

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

Hi @Vinod – welcome to the Community!

I’m pasting @sophie’s response in an earlier thread. Hope this helps!

My comment may be few years old, as I used Schweser a while back. But I think it makes you a calculation whiz, and the EOC, Elan practices, CFAI mock will balance that out nicely.

There’s also Simplilearn Level 1 practice papers, you can sign up to receive a free sample paper to try. There’s a 300 Hours discount to get 5 practice papers for just $77 (use “300Hours” discount code). So if you’re looking for more practice papers this is a good one to try too.

@lulu123 – there’s also another alternative with Finance Train to get 1 Level 1 mock paper for $20 (with 300hours discount).

If I had to choose, I’d try Simplilearn’s, as it’s better value for money (5 papers) and of good quality too.

• Up

@zee

maybe you could make a board/page where you list the free stuff that we can get + list the paid offers we can get thanks to 300H’s discounts?
        because so far the information is dispersed throughout the forum
        would be super practical!

• Up

LOL not at all @owenf2! We all have to let out some steam sometimes, especially when taking such ambitious exams like the CFA!

Yes I forgot about the membership fees, my bad. I did try to ask BSAS for a discount for our members, but unfortunately my eye-blinking and superhero powers didn’t work out 🙁

There are a lot of more affordable Level 1 practice papers though, I have written extensively about them here in this thread to @Brian_Murph’s question. There are some pretty good ones!

• Up

Thanks @Zee. I’ve downloaded the free mock avail from CFA website. I want a few more practice tests. With lim financial resources I won’t be able to spend more on additional practice tests.. so, help !!
        Thanks again for sharing with me the above stuffs.

• Up

Has anyone used any of the apps for practice exam questions? I only ask as they seem to be fairly good value compared to the price of some of the official sample papers (i.e. the £50 Boston Security Analyst Society exams) I have looked at a few apps and this one seems reasonable: CFA Level 1 MCQ – free access to Quants and Ethics and then you purchase access to additional topics. I downloaded it and the questions in the two free topics look good, but I dont want to spend money without knowing about the quality of the rest of the topics. Has anyone else used it? Also, has anyone actually purchased the BSAS ones (and are willing to post the material somewhere 😉

• Up

Hi @owenf2, what apps are you referring to?

BSAS does good quality exam papers and sharing it around would be illegal, unfortunately. However, BSAS tends to partner with local CFA societies and offer a good discount for members. I gather you’re from the UK, and it only costs £20 for members for the BSAS paper.

I hope this helps!

• Up

The one that I think is useful is called “CFA Level 1 MCQ”. I have an iphone and it seems to be in the app store, along with other ones that look a bit…homemade

For the BSAS exams, as you said, you have to be a UK CFA member. And when you factor in the yearly membership fee, it just gets a bit too expensive for my liking. If I was at level three and confident of passing the exam, then I would purchase the membership and then get the exam papers. But if I fail this exam, then I doubt that I would have the desire to re-sit anytime soon, and the membership fee would go to waste. Apologies for my rather long winded rant

Keymaster
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

@vinod BPP forwarded this to us the other day which is a free online practice exam plus online debrief. Might be useful for you and also the other Level 1s.

However, note that majority of freebies are in Level 1, and if you’re serious about completing Level 2 and 3 you’ll need to commit to more spending.

If you’ve these helpful, do share other resources that you’ve come across!

• Up

@Zee, Thanks. Would go through the above link. And Would definitely share which I come across.

• Up

That’s teamwork!

• Up

Thanks for the info Sophie, il check them out. Keep up the superhero work!

• Up

@zee @vinod

hey thanks so much for that BPP thing!

They even offer a powerpoint summary of the ethics material!!!!!

the practice offered is not super long, I believe its like a “morning exam” freebie (?)

but nonetheless, extra and free = greatly appreciated!!

PS: I trust that their material is safe enough to practice on? lol if anything weird pops up, I’ll ask it on the discussion boards 🙂

Viewing 14 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.