Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Member of the Month (?)

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Newbie to Kaplan - any advise on best study methods?

Evolve2020Evolve2020 Birmingham, ALPosts: 2 Associate
I am a first time Level 1 Candidate and I am taking the CFA exam in December. I enrolled in Kaplan Schweser's early start program that began classes in early April. So far, we have had essentially 2 weeks between classes to read and review a block of about 4 assigned readings and practice. My dilemma is that I am scoring in the 60% range but having to continue on to the next topic to keep up with the class study material. Granted, these first classes have been what I am assuming to be the most time consuming topics - Ethics, Quantitative Analysis and Economics. Is this normal? I am studying 15-20 hours a week.

Answers

• Assume you're worried about the 60% score. 60% is more or less what you'd expect (in fact compared to me it's good) for a first time attempt at exam-level questions. However, you'll need to check if the practice questions you're taking are exam-level. I assume you'll be able to ask Schweser if there is reason for concern for the 60% score, or ask if the difficulty of the questions you're taking are exam-level.
    When things get too tough, sit back with a nice bottle of red wine and remind yourself how inconsequential things are.