See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.
Who is the best person to cold-call to get you a job in a company, the direct supervisor or CEO?
I'm considering cold-emailing / cold-calling a few target companies to secure a role, this technique has worked in the past for me. However I'm undecided which is the better target - do I call the direct supervisor of the role I'm targeting (i.e. my future boss if I'm hired), or call the head of the company?Context:
Thoughts on calling direct supervisor:
- Not all of them are actively looking for someone, so in some cases I may be asking them to either create a role, or keep me in mind when they do look for someone
- All of my target companies are <100 employees based in Canada or US
Thoughts on calling CEO:
- Presumably if he/she gets on board they would be best placed to fight for my hiring.
- If I can convince the CEO presumably it's a stronger case? However, ultimately I think the direct supervisor will have the final say in most cases.
- Might be harder to convince and/or get time to make my case.
Any thoughts at all are welcome!!!