CFA CFA Level 2 How to tackle Ethics for level 2

How to tackle Ethics for level 2

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 3
        Up
        ::

I guess I’m leaving ethics till the last (as in after i’ve covered all topics) and focus more on question practices which is what I did for level 1.

From what i could see it looks pretty much the same as level 1 (please correct me if i’m wrong?) apart from the new soft dollar topic.

Any tips? What to watch for? The major differences between level 1 and level 2 ethics?

• Up

It seems to be very similar (although I’m not sure because I feel like I’ve forgotten so much of Level 1…). The item set format does make it harder though.

• Up

I agree with @fabian. The item set just means you have to pay more attention to the details. But if you used Schweser to prepare for level I you might find ethics pretty easy because Schweser ethics questions tended to be essays.

Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up

@fabian @diya @zee thanks guys, but apart from the level 1 ethical and professional standards stuff, what’s with the study session 2 bits? Are those just extra case studies and samples based on the level 1 ethics or are those new stuff?

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

@vincentt I also agree with @fabian and @diya says about item sets. I feel that the material is very similar, however with item sets it’s so easy for your answer to depend on multiple areas of the text. That will be the challenge rather than the material – although I suspect the material will need significant refreshing as well…

Viewing 4 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.