Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Passed CFA Level 3 Exam. Can't find a job.

Finding it strange as much as I'm currently finding it difficult to even get an interview call. I've been looking for a job in Mumbai since June this year but I've just gotten one interview call till date. This despite the fact that I have 1.5 years of experience and also just passed my CFA Level 3 exam. Is anyone else feeling the same effect? Makes me feel very discouraged and think the whole effort was all a waste of time.

Also it seems that I have to be a charterholder to be a member of the local CFA society so I'm really not going anywhere with my networking.

Please let me know if you know of any job openings or any contacts who may be willing to take a look at my credentials. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• RoyD said:

Also it seems that I have to be a charterholder to be a member of the local CFA society so I'm really not going anywhere with my networking.

You can apply for affiliate membership which is for anyone that hasn't yet fulfilled all the requirements for regular membership. Other than that all membership benefits are available to affiliate members as well.

Try and volunteer for a committee position (just write to them and ask) as they usually are keen for anyone to help out. I wouldn't be put off by the fact that you're not a 'full' member yet - some committee members aren't fully CFA-qualified and even the CEO of my society has only taken CFA L1. As a committee member you do get to spend time with a lot of well-connected people so that might help you a lot.

Job hunting can also be a function of the economy - I don't have many contacts in India but I'll put out some feelers and let you know.
    When things get too tough, sit back with a nice bottle of red wine and remind yourself how inconsequential things are.
  • edited September 8
    Sorry to hear that dude. 3 months without an offer is not unusual, but just one callback is rough. Are you a fresh grad or with experience?
    This is CFA!!!