Student Lounge Can CF calculations crash a BAII Plus?

Can CF calculations crash a BAII Plus?

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 1
        Up
        ::

Hi folks,

Worst timing ever, my calculator has suddenly started crashing when calculating NPV with large cashflows eg. 
        Year 0 -$4.6m;  Year 1 $22.6m;  Year 2 -$41m;  Year 3 $33.1m

When I hit CPT the screen blanks and nothing works. Only option is the hard reset button on the back. I’ve triple checked I’m not accidentally putting values as no. of periods. Has this ever happened anyone? Is it a quirk or is my calculator screwed?

Cheers,
        John

CFAcrammer voted up
      • Avatar of mincemeat23mincemeat23
        Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

it can sometimes take a minute or so to think about it. i thought it was malfunctioning too, wait for a while and do something else and see if it comes back to life with the answer.

Participant
            • CFA Level 1
            Up

Hi,

Having the same issue with my BAII Plus. Bizarrely I have figured out that it works fine when I set I= zero or keep the number of CFs to just 2. As soon as I exceed 2 Cash Flows or have a non-zero interest rate the screen goes blank and never comes back – I have to hard reset on the back.

I even waited multiple minutes in case it was just churning through the calculation for a long time.

Every other function works quickly and accurately so I have no idea why CFs in particular would cause this.

Cheers in advance

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.