Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Good intro books to investment banking and financial modelling?

I'm new to investment banking and looking for a few books to get me started on that, as well as introductory Excel skills and financial modelling.

Do the seniors here have any recommendations? Thanks!

Comments

• Might sound stupid, but the Dummies book on investment banking is actually quite good. 
  • BelialBelial BelgiumPosts: 1 Associate
    Regarding Investment Banking I would start with a corporate finance textbok like the one from Vernimmen & Quiry or Berk & DeMarzo. For M&A / investment banking go with the textbook from Rosenbaum.
    With regards to financial modelling, Beninga & Damodaran can be useful references (both textbooks and spreadsheets found on their websites). Then you've got the financial modelling training like Break Into Wall Street / Wall Street Prep / Wall Street Training (i like BIWS for the sector packages). I think Macabacus is a very useful reference (both add-in and the learning resources). There are also free things you can find in blogs and Youtube channels if you have got time (which I personnally don't) of some M&A analysts or ex-analysts who like to show off their skills.
    That is all I can think of.
    Regarding Excel you can find loads of resources, training, certifications, etc. I could not advise which ones to pick.
    edg94