Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

I want to retake level II next year but just found out I’m pregnant

hi all,

i just found out im pregnant and I want to retake level II next June. I’m due 2-3 weeks before the level II exam date. Should I even attempt to do it? 

Answers

• JaminioSilvaJaminioSilva LondonPosts: 7 Associate
    edited September 19

Short answer, No.

I took L2 three months after my wife had our first child and it was a massive error. Not only was I completely exhausted, my study time was poor due to having to look after my new family and I missed out on time with my child when he was very young. My wife tried to be supportive but after the exam she said she felt abandoned. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like if I had had the baby myself!

Interestingly, I spoke to my local CFA society who was trying to sell me on joining and when I said I had just had a new baby, she said "so you will be deferring then?" she was very surprised when I said no.

Do yourself and your family a favor, defer to next year.

• I completely agree with @JaminioSilva. I don't see how it's possible to have a 2-3 week old stay at home while you go take the exam for the entire day.

It's a shame to defer for another year, but I'm quite sure it won't work out if you try and have a kid and the CFA exam a few weeks after that.