CFA CFA Level 1 Online help and tutoring

Online help and tutoring

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 2
        Up
        ::

Hey guys, if anyone needs help with certain sections or in general message me and I shall help you get through it. 

Participant
          • CFA Level 1
          Up

In my opinion, CFA Institute is using questionable (may be even discriminatory) practices.

I provided CFA Institute with a document issued by Embassy of my country in the United States, which allows me to travel to my home country and at least one more country, which does not require a visa. CFA Institute refused to accept this document as a substitute to international passport because it does not allow “unrestricted travel”

Basically, according to CFA Institute my educational opportunities should depend on the list of the countries I can visit. In my opinion, it is not compatible with US laws, international treaties as well as recommendations of international organizations.

In particular, there is UN Convention against discrimination in education. UN promotes equitable access to education, which does not mean “one size fits all”

According to Brown v Board of Education, the right to an equal educational opportunity is one of the most valuable rights you have.

On addition, “unrestricted travel” is a subjective criteria, which is open for an overbroad interpretation.
          Approach of CFA Institute can be interpreted as indirect discrimination based on nationality.

Participant
            • CFA Level 1
            Up

If I want to pursue a career in finance and accounting which field should I choose?

• Up
            LeftSky2 said:
            In my opinion, CFA Institute is using questionable (may be even discriminatory) practices.

I provided CFA Institute with a document issued by Embassy of my country in the United States, which allows me to travel to my home country and at least one more country, which does not require a visa. CFA Institute refused to accept this document as a substitute to international passport because it does not allow “unrestricted travel”

Basically, according to CFA Institute my educational opportunities should depend on the list of the countries I can visit. In my opinion, it is not compatible with US laws, international treaties as well as recommendations of international organizations.

In particular, there is UN Convention against discrimination in education. UN promotes equitable access to education, which does not mean “one size fits all”

According to Brown v Board of Education, the right to an equal educational opportunity is one of the most valuable rights you have.

On addition, “unrestricted travel” is a subjective criteria, which is open for an overbroad interpretation.
            Approach of CFA Institute can be interpreted as indirect discrimination based on nationality.

I’m not a raving fan of CFA Institute by any means. But the main reason of rejection in your case seems to be that ‘it’s not an international passport’. My passport does not allow completely unrestricted travel (there are 2-3 countries which I can’t go to) but there’s never been any problems.

For logistical reasons the proctors that check your documentation on exam day need a simple guide to stick to. I think simplification is also the reason why they used to accept other ID, but moved to just international passports.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.