Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Intensive classes - are they worth it?

I see a lot of talk about intensive classes and promotions going on, such as windsorweek, fitch etc.

I assume it obviously helps to have a 1/2 week intensive course, but is it worth the money (i.e. could you do it on your own and save the money) and does anyone have any recommended providers?

Comments

• fp92fp92 UKPosts: 30 Associate
    Tagging along on this, as I'm also considering if I need some last minute boost and whether it's worth it... 
  • I had review courses every year. It is very helpful especially if you've been slacking and I'm the kind that needs things explained and discussed. I went with kaplan (it was company-selected) and can recommend it.

I'm not sure if you can replicate the same experience with a week of intense studying. Having an instructor to ask questions is game-changing. They are pricey though, nearly doubling the cost of my materials. If money is a concern maybe try one of those providers that has a pass-guarantee.
    This is CFA!!!