Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

finance companies' typical hiring cycle?

hi guys, now that cfa exams are over, i am spending some free time exploring/searching for jobs that interests me. i'm contented in my role in financial reporting for a blue chip firm, but wanted to explore something a little more fast paced - e.g. strategy/finance roles in tech, asset management or banking. 

does anyone in the community work in these sectors, or have experience switching to them from a different sector? for asset mgmt and banking, is there a typical hiring cycle (i.e. optimal application times) for experienced hires (2-3 years)? i'm all ears for advice and it seems daunting to switch sometimes...
Tagged:

Comments

• SophieSophie Posts: 1,974 Jr Partner
    I'm not a recruiter per se @rahul12, but recall that Jan especially is a good time for experienced hires (after the holidays / new year etc), whilst September intake is common for fresh grads (but recruited earlier in Jan-June interviews) as I remember. Basically the big holiday season (summer time Jun-Aug) and towards end of year (December) tend to be quieter on the recruitment front.