CFA CFA Level 1 Kaplan Schweser Blended Learning vs. PremiumPlus

Kaplan Schweser Blended Learning vs. PremiumPlus

• Author
      Participant
        • CFA Level 1
        Up
        ::

Thoughts on pros and cons of each program? Blended Learning alternates in-person classes with live online classes and PremiumPlus is just in-person classes, any other differences? Are the in-person classes really good?

• Avatar of excelmonkeyexcelmonkey
        Participant
          • CFA Level 2
          Up

Np. Many people use tutor support but they respond really quickly and are useful for getting yourself unstuck. If you find something you repeatedly don’t get, send it off and move on to the next thing.

• Avatar of excelmonkeyexcelmonkey
          Participant
            • CFA Level 2
            Up

It’s probably a cost thing isn’t it?

I think in-person classes help structure your learning and helps you getting unstuck on areas that you just don’t get, which there will be a lot. But expensive. If cost was not a factor, this is how I would choose to prep for the exam.

Personally I don’t think there is much point to live online classes, might as well go for instructor videos at that point at a much cheaper price.

Another thing is to make sure you utilize the tutor support features if they are offered, they really help!

• Avatar of Aaron_BloombergPrepAaron_BloombergPrep
            Participant
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

I did the “at my own pace” program and it was great… no live classes. I did wish I had an “ask-a-tutor” at the time when things were just not clicking.

Participant
                • CFA Level 1
                Up

Thank you! That’s what I figured as well but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. I agree that in-person does a better job of keeping you accountable and consistent. Thanks for the tip on the tutor support features as well!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.