Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

This Month's Leaders

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

Is there anyone here studied for level II more than 6months before exam?

Yoko.LieYoko.Lie IndonesiaPosts: 4 Associate

I plan to re-take level II exam on June 2021, failed two years ago and this time want to make it right. The problem is, I mostly forget level II contents and it feels like I have to study again from the scratch. Thus, I plan to start studying now. What do you think? is it too early? is there anyone here ever studied for more than 6months before exam? is it counterproductive?

thanks before!

Answers

• djriv81djriv81 Dallas,TXPosts: 14 Associate

I would say that you definitely need to put in some extra time, but more than 6 months? There are so many factors that go into your personal study schedule (work, family, kids, other commitments, etc.) that only you can really answer that.

For me, I have teenagers and a full time job, plus some other commitments so I started a little bit earlier, but it's up to you. Just get a schedule and try to stick to it.

Best of luck

• a year may be too early, as you have to be consistent throughout the period to ensure you don't forget the materials.

i've definitely seen people who started 8/9 months before at a more gradual pace, so that would probably keep you motivated till the end, but would be concerned about burn out if you start any earlier...