CFA CFA General “I don’t have time to exercise.”

“I don’t have time to exercise.”

• Author
      ::

Benefits of exercise: your study time will be more productive, you will sleep better, your brain will work better, etc.
      You don’t have time? Yes you do:

20 minute, at-home, vigorous exercise with no equipment needed (other than light handweights if you have them): The Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred.
      Search for it on YouTube. Level 1 can be found here.
      (The way you’re supposed to do the “shred” program is to do Level 1 every day for 10 days, then do Level 2 every day for 10 days, then do Level 3 every day for 10 days…I’m not necessarily recommending the program (in fact I prefer not to do it every day), but as stand-alone workouts these are really really efficient).

Post here if you know of any other easy-to-follow at-home workouts that can be done in a half hour or less for those of us with no extra time to spare.

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

I do variations of press-ups and chin-ups at home. Also lots of stair climbing. And the occasional jog, or some sprints. Enough to keep me busy, and easy to do.

• Up

ohh I really like this video workout. I tried it out today because I was feeling sick and didn’t want to deal with the chilly weather.

• Up

@pandiaki I have a favourite circuit in my neighbourhood. I wake up have breakfast read up on anything (that isn’t CFA related) go for my power walk and come straight home and shower. I feel really energized (and refreshed) when I start studying.

Participant
          • CFA Level 3
          Up

Likewise, you could burn around 100 calories an hour by typing… since we spent around 8 hours a day at work… 😛

http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-burned-typing-a604

• Up

Good ol’ Jim Carrey doesn’t seem to be tapping the keys, just touching the keyboards.

• Up

@vincentt: the look on his face is that on an aggressive CFA student whatsay? 😀 @Diya @Sophie @lulu123 @AjFinance @Zee

• Up

@Zee I prefer cardio and core building exercises. I was involved in an awful car accident a few years ago and it really screwed up my spine. Exercising usually alleviates the pain but if I get lazy it comes back to haunt me with a vengeance -.-

Viewing 7 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.