Student Lounge [Off Topic] The Curious Case of Mr. Plastic-Bag Man

[Off Topic] The Curious Case of Mr. Plastic-Bag Man

• Author
      ::

Hello all!

Just thought I’d share something with you all that bugged me since my CFA preparation back in 2009. Till today, I still couldn’t figure out the mystery of Mr Plastic Bag Man.

Here he is…

I see him ALL THE TIME, when I was studying for CFA exams in a cafe or library in Canary Wharf, London. He carries a different plastic bag every single time – not sure what it contains though. I’ve been seeing him around this mall for YEARS (the picture was taken this morning, and it was the last straw), yet I still couldn’t figure out:

– what the hell does he do?
      – why does he carry a plastic bag all the time? 60s style? contains lunch?
      – why is he always alone in the mall? And there so frequently?

Theories anyone? @vincentt have you seen him? :))

Participant
        • CFA Level 3
        Up

I got your tag notification and when this page loaded and I saw the first half of this picture I thought how on earth did you know I was there this morning ?! :))

No, i haven’t seen him but will keep an eye… he’s gonna be famous soon when those who read this forum would be starring at him!

If you recall the announcement in the underground, “Please keep your belongings with you at all times. Report any unattended item or suspicious behaviour to a member of staff or a police officer.”. Guess that’s what you have to do! Plastic-bag terrorist!

Keymaster
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

OMG. I just realised – he also appears to be wearing the same outfit every time.

• Up

OK, so I’m not crazy then @vincentt!

• Up

Ask him!

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

And today!

• Up

I was afraid he might stalk me @james010 if I expressed any interest in his life :))

I just have crazy photographic memory…

Keymaster
              • CFA Charterholder
              Up

Spotted last week…

Participant
                • CFA Level 3
                Up

@sophie the thing is his bag wasn’t that big, shouldn’t need to spend minutes ‘looking’ for his things.

and…i actually watched him for a couple of minutes after i noticed him… haha. thx to you!

Participant
                  • CFA Level 3
                  Up

i spotted him the other day sitting in pret (the one opposite wasabi), he was busy looking for something in the plastic bag.

Viewing 9 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.