Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CFA Events Calendar

View full calendar

Recommended Discussions

See how our partners can help you ace your CFA exams.

What's the hardest part of your job search?

2»

Comments

• @james010 same here. Its very annoying when you're associated with a large global bank, but the work you do pretty much counts to nothing. It looks great on the outside with the brand name, but only you know what it is that you're dealing with.
    “Once you decide on your occupation you must immerse yourself in your work. You have to fall in love with your work. Never complain about your job, you must dedicate your life to mastering your skill. That’s the secret of success and the key to being regarded honorably. I’ve never once hated my job, I fell in love with my work and gave my life to it.”—Jiro Ono
  • As graduates we aren't very trained to the art of job hunting - networking, interviewing, CV writing etc. It would be massively beneficial to offer a course in your last year as preparation for the career world.
    When things get too tough, sit back with a nice bottle of red wine and remind yourself how inconsequential things are.
    AjFinancesankrutimehta
  • Well said @hairyfairy. An educational reform is long needed. We've been trained to pass exams all our life (good for CFA?), not other 'softer' skills which can only be learned on the job/internships. Heck, at universities I just attended career fairs and get lots of swags without thinking this is such an important decision!