CFA CFA General CFA Level II Exam Aftermath

CFA Level II Exam Aftermath

• Author
      ::

If I wrote this post after the first session it would have been written to a different tune. After @Sophie inquired about my exam experience I feel obliged to write something -anything. Unfortunately exam day already feels like a distant memory and many things have already fogged up.

@Marc
      and I wrote the exam in the same centre but I suppose fortunately for me in different rooms. I didn’t have nearly as much trouble with proctors and the exam commenced as scheduled at 9 o’clock sharp. I also didn’t have as many logistic issues as my parent’s dropped me off and I knew from level I exam experience that the centre couldn’t accommodate the traffic well so driving down there myself was out of the question unless I planned to leave around 6am.

The first session went well and other than a few pesky questions I felt confident. Even with that fact that the morning session took longer than Schweser’s mock and there were more pauses required for me to think. And when I revised my answer I found so many silly mistakes! Thank goodness I finished the exam early. It was harder than level I but I can’t really complain that it was unfair.

The second half was a different story and shattered all hope and confidence.

That fateful Saturday had terrible weather. Outside it was hot and humid and generally unpleasant. I suppose the exam centre decided to compensate and decided that they should turn the A/C way up. The exam centre was slightly chilly but not unbearably so and I was not dressed for the weather outside but rather the cold exam centre weather I was expecting.

I unfortunately forgot to factor in one detail. If you are lucky enough to stand under the AC vent you are graced with a blast of cool air. If you are unlucky enough you might be seated underneath the AC vent for three hours the blast of cool air felt more like winter. I left the second session early. Lucky for me I found the afternoon session easier. Unfortunately for me when I left I didn’t bother checking my answer because my fingertips had turned blue, I had a throbbing headache and my eyes were BURNING because they had been completely dried out.

Don’t ask me about the exam – it was hell. I hope I passed.

Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up

Newly Christened @Snippy , we are allowed to leave the exam early like @sankrutimehta said. Rechristened @Sarah , don’t worry, you did your best, now leave the rest until mid July 🙂

That makes me sound like a cult leader, since I’m doing the rechristening…

• Up

I know someone who purposefully leaves the exam before checking their answers on the basis that they are just as likely to change a correct answer to a wrong one as they are a wrong one to a right one. They passed all three first time.

Participant
          • CFA Level 2
          Up

I’ve never seen anyone being allowed to leave early in my centre!

• Up

Newly Christened @Snippy , we are allowed to leave the exam early like @sankrutimehta said. Rechristened @Sarah , don’t worry, you did your best, now leave the rest until mid July 🙂

• Up

@Sarah which books? Its good to keep tab on what the in house “Book expert” is reading 😀

• Up

@Zee glad you liked it =D

• Up

I don’t really have much time to worry. I’ve been working on networking and looking for a job. I am so taking this opportunity to learn some interesting things. I frequent TED talk and just ordered a couple books yesterday.

• Up

@Snippy: as per the exam rules..one can leave but not in last 30 minutes…but few dare to 😉

Keymaster
            • CFA Charterholder
            Up

BTW @sarah – I’ve finished Artemis Fowl some time ago. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Up

lol @zee , I think you need to start a new discussion for rechristening requests 😛

• Up

@AjFinance Manufacturing Consent and The Quiet. Currently rereading The Art of War and I need to crack open my Korean books too!

Viewing 11 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.