CFA CFA General Feedback / Reviews on Finance Train practice exams

Feedback / Reviews on Finance Train practice exams

• Author
      Keymaster
        • CFA Charterholder
        Up
        ::

Hi lovely 3Hers!

Finance Train is updating their practice exams and questions and I thought it might help them improve their stuff further (and hence help future members out!) if anyone who’s tried their practice exams could pitch in a few sentences’ worth of what they thought of the practice exams and questions, and what they could do to improve.

Any opinions?

• Up

Hi Shantala, Zee,

Thank you for this feedback. I would like to inform you that we are taking immediate steps to eradicate these problems. We are retiring some questions, adding new ones so that the exam is tightly knit with the syllabus and you will definitely not see any more typos 🙂

Regarding the garbled symbols, this could be an issue with a missing font on your system but I will get it checked to ensure no one faces this problem again.

You feedback is valuable to us.

Thanks once again,
        Manish (Finance Train)

• Up

I was a bit disappointed by the Finance Train practice exam (I bought one stand-alone full length mock exam for Level II). There were numerous typos (even in the revised version), and I was not advised of any errata apart from a revised exam sent to me a few days after I bought the first version. On top of the typos in the questions, there were cases where the answer explanation did not relate to the problem at all. Also, there were questions about some topics that aren’t in the syllabus now — franchise factor for instance (I might remember wrongly). There answer explanations did not refer to the volume or reading number either.
        The pdf file of the exam had some garbled symbols, for example the currency symbol for EUR would show up as a question mark.
        All in all, lot of room for improvement!

Keymaster
          • CFA Charterholder
          Up

Thanks for the feedback @shantala! I’ll pass this on to FinanceTrain for the next iteration.

• Up

If memory serves me right: @Shantala, @sethneha – you both tried them out? How do you find it?

Participant
            • Undecided
            Up

Saw an ad on this site and ordered a level 2 exam-  no notice was given that this is a 2015 exam;

I was shocked-  any support here?

There was no notification on what year of the exam will be delivered to the customer;

I feel robbed;

Arion voted up
        Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.